News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering love us!

Author Topic: Kettering love us!  (Read 3875 times)

wonderstuff

Kettering love us!
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:19:02 PM »

Re: Altrincham match thread
by Dazza (ktfc) on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 am

Harry Putter wrote:
the burger bar man had a go at us saying it was the worst away attendance of the season and we were a disgrace!

Bit rich that coming from someone involved with Altrincham who are and always have been scummy Manc tossers !!

I've commented on this before, but it still amazes me that the tourist info for Kettering includes 'people of note': Joe Blackburn, eating disorder sufferer.
I think Dazza (ktfc) has 'people of note envy'.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:23:44 PM by wonderstuff »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Kettering love us!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:21:37 PM »

Dazza is a bit "special needs" though to be fair to him.

Poor sod!
Come on Alty!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 04:44:18 PM »

Bless his little cotton socks

JonnyKeen

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 05:59:07 PM »

Would love to know what makes us scummy manc tossers.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »

Re: Altrincham match thread
by Dazza (ktfc) on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:10 am

Harry Putter wrote:
the burger bar man had a go at us saying it was the worst away attendance of the season and we were a disgrace!

Bit rich that coming from someone involved with Altrincham who are and always have been scummy Manc tossers !!

I've commented on this before, but it still amazes me that the tourist info for Kettering includes 'people of note': Joe Blackburn, eating disorder sufferer.
I think Dazza (ktfc) has 'people of note envy'.

Hmmm - Is the eating disorder related to KTFC (Kettering Town Fried Chicken!)?

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »

he's only bitter cos we beat them on the lovely day in the play off north final.

sweet own goal.  how mental did we go then !

thegazelle

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »

kettering away was fantastic it was just like the olde days watching alty .

just maybe we missed out on a mad drink in Desborough to celebrate, but then againyou should never go back it wouldnt be the same.and my face still smarts from THAT punch

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »

Kettering are a horrid little club from a horrid part of the country famous for nothing and no-one. FACTS.

We're an affluent town on the edge of a major European cosmopolitan city. They're a dump full of factories near nothing.

They're clearly jealous, so I suppose it's to be expected that they sound off about us. I vaguely remember a few posters on their board randomly saying how much they hated us and were looking forward to beating us. Bit odd really.

Still, hey ho, 2-0 and we made them look silly  ;D

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 01:11:59 PM »

Would love to know what makes us scummy manc tossers.

Can't answer for everyone, but that sums me up quite nicely to be fair.

Hats off.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »

Ditto comments made about the way we were treated at Alty - spot on. Being allowed in the bar before the match and allowing us to bring in chips from across the road was a sensible profit making move from them. Definitely more of a party atmosphere than Kettering too. Helpful and friendly stewards

Agree with how nice everyone at Altrincham were today. The scumbags from Kettering should pop there and learn a thing or two about looking after fans properly.

I dunno why but the name 'Altrincham' just stirs up a sort of romantic, friendly, pleasantness in the way that Kettering, Wrexham or Barrow dont

fantastic club. really friendly stewards and were intelligent enough to offer a signed afcw football as a raffle prize to us instead of some alty merchandise. they didn't look like they had many fans but those that were there were very vocal. really enjoyable having some banter with their fans in the second half.

Enjoyed today, nice welcoming club, nice bar, nice ground, nice result

Must say the Alty people were really nice stewards pleasant, nice bar and didn't see anything that didn't leave me with pleasing memories of the day.

Just back from "Alty". Most enjoyable day. Trains etc., all on time, friendly people at Altrincham.

Enjoyed today. Had a couple of pints in the George up the road, very decent beer at a very decent price. Don't think Altrincham upped their prices in an attempt to rip us off. Nice compact little ground, looks better than in the photos. Alty fans were friendly in the pub. Would definately go back next season.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering love us!