PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodwin on 5 live now! - Full interview MP3 now posted
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goodwin on 5 live now! - Full interview MP3 now posted  (Read 5358 times)

Longman

Re: Goodwin on 5 live now! - Full interview MP3 now posted
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 01:34:34 PM »

The trail earlier in the show was also great.  They had been previewing the test with Gillespie and a couple of others when Tuffnell came on to trail his show later saying they would be talking about why Ponting was a share holder at Altrincham FC.  Gillespie jumped in saying "Hey I'm an Alty shareholder too mate"  

"Yeah, have you ever been to a game?"

"Yes of course I was there on Tuesday when we played Manchester United."  

He went on to explain that we were slightly disappointed with the United team as we had spent money upgrading the changing room for them.  Presenter well and truely put back in his place by Gillespie showing his knowledge of Alty

Here's the MP3 of that bit: http://www.mediafire.com/?mzgemi3ywy0

Why did we have to spend money upgrading the facilities for United??

Also is there any possibility of any kind of investment from any of the aussie cricketers?  Whether it be as a consortium, or a personal interest?  Is it just Ponting and Gillespie who have shares?

markecky

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 02:20:13 PM »

United wanted the home dressing room to be bigger in order to secure the reserves for next year. 

With some work it was possible to move them to the gym area which was really just a dead space.

So we did the work. 

It was a good investment really and of course our players get a nice new dressing room as well.

In terms of the Aussies, I would guess it will just be a token thing really although they speak at dinners and give us memorabilia and stuff to auction so indirectly they are putting money in.

Longman

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »

United wanted the home dressing room to be bigger in order to secure the reserves for next year. 

With some work it was possible to move them to the gym area which was really just a dead space.

So we did the work. 

It was a good investment really and of course our players get a nice new dressing room as well.

In terms of the Aussies, I would guess it will just be a token thing really although they speak at dinners and give us memorabilia and stuff to auction so indirectly they are putting money in.

Cheers mate, I mis - understood and thought that we had specifically undergone work on the changing rooms just for the friendly game, which obviously would have been ludicrous!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodwin on 5 live now! - Full interview MP3 now posted