PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Solihull Match Thread  (Read 10470 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2022, 02:38:01 PM »

Mee in goal again. Maybe Ollie could sabotage his pre-match lunch or something. It's ridiculous.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2022, 02:44:17 PM »

I think everyone would benefit from some transparency on the GK situation.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2022, 02:45:10 PM »

Mee D. (G)
Barrows R.
Bennett A.
Colclough R.
Conn-Clarke C.
Dinanga M.
Jones E.
Jones J.
Lundstram J.
Mullarkey T.
Osborne E
Harold

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2022, 02:46:07 PM »

subs
Cooper J.
Goodson Z.
Jackson B.
Malone D.
Pringle B
No hulme at all
Harold

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2022, 04:42:37 PM »

Ugh.  This game went south in a hurry  :(

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2022, 04:48:48 PM »

again
Harold

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2022, 04:55:37 PM »

If we had taken 1 or 2 of those chances....

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2022, 07:02:53 PM »

If we had taken 1 or 2 of those chances....

Solihull missed two great chances before we even equalised though, so the scoreline could have been even more mortifying.

Another dispiriting listen on Radio Robins. We are now the only team in this division who are yet to win a game this season.

This team looks short of continuity, physical strength and goals. Not an auspicious combination there.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, the goalkeeping situation is a farcical and you have to wonder who negotiated that loan deal.

The lack of transparency at the club of late (on various issues) has been alarming and at present it feels as if the only time that they see fit to engage with supporters is when they are seeking to extract more money from them.

And just to cap off a wretched afternoon, Macc won at West Didsbury & Chorlton in the FA Cup. I sense a collision with them down the road....
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 07:15:16 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2022, 07:23:45 PM »

The lack of transparency at the club of late (on various issues) has been alarming and at present it feels as if the only time that they see fit to engage with supporters is when they are seeking to extract more money from them.

I expected a slow start as its a new team and I am concerned with how its going so far but I'm finding the club communication (or lack of) more disconcerting tbh at the moment. This is definitely different from last season, for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 07:26:19 PM by PaulClementsLaments »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2022, 09:00:42 PM »

I feel we need a win and quickly.

As we know the game is all about confidence and in fairness the last 3 games have been difficult.

We play Wealdstone at home this coming Saturday, they have started well but in all honesty they haven’t had a difficult fixture apart from Bromley, I fancy us to beat them next week and hopefully get a bit of a run going.

I agree that the keeper situation and the seemingly lack of communication from. The club is a bit puzzling.

Sadly I can’t make next Saturday’s game.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2022, 11:45:52 PM »

Sadly I can’t make next Saturday’s game.

Let's hope that you're REALLY sad to have missed it come 5pm next Saturday. But I'm not holding my breath.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2022, 11:48:25 PM »

If we replace Maidstone with either Weymouth or Dover, we are 4 points worse off than the equivalent games last year. So not catastrophic, but not ideal.

The biggest issue I have is with some of the seeming incoherence of the season so far. Clearly this was always going to be an experiment, as we haven't been full-time before, Phil and Neil hadn't managed a full-time squad, etc. And if the experiment was to run with a smallish squad of young hungry players (as was suggested) then fine. But the post-match interview suggested that this might not be the way forward, despite Parky saying this was the first performance he was disappointed in so far this season. If that's the case, then why make the suggestion of bringing in older, more experienced heads and making decisions about the younger players?

I just hope that there hasn't been a loss of conviction or coherence in the transition to full-time. It doesn't really feel like there is an answer to the question 'what sort of a team are we?', beyond the idea that we have loads of possession, and that's a bit at odds with the drive for people to invest in a journey (capital at risk). It'll be really interesting to see whether he sticks or twists, and if he does twist, how late he leaves it.

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2022, 07:58:45 AM »

I just hope that there hasn't been a loss of conviction or coherence in the transition to full-time.
There has. In addition there has been a loss of talent. If we look at the departing players and ask ourselves “are the replacements any better or at least as good” and the sad conclusion is “no”.
By name, who is better than Thompson, White, Hampson, Mooney, Hannigan, Moult, Hancock? Whilst it could be argued that a number of the old brigade would have struggled to last another season at National League level, we still needed replacements of equal or better calibre. We have neither.

The fact that we are full-time, and that fact has been glorified for weeks leading up to the season start, is utterly irrelevant if those full-time players have insufficient talent to make their mark at National League level.

Wasn’t Sports Psychology one of the areas of expertise that PP lectured upon in an earlier life? That skill needs to come to the fore now but preferably with players whose basic skill levels can meet the demands of our league.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2022, 08:32:40 AM »

I just hope that there hasn't been a loss of conviction or coherence in the transition to full-time.
There has. In addition there has been a loss of talent. If we look at the departing players and ask ourselves “are the replacements any better or at least as good” and the sad conclusion is “no”.
By name, who is better than Thompson, White, Hampson, Mooney, Hannigan, Moult, Hancock? Whilst it could be argued that a number of the old brigade would have struggled to last another season at National League level, we still needed replacements of equal or better calibre. We have neither.

The fact that we are full-time, and that fact has been glorified for weeks leading up to the season start, is utterly irrelevant if those full-time players have insufficient talent to make their mark at National League level.

Wasn’t Sports Psychology one of the areas of expertise that PP lectured upon in an earlier life? That skill needs to come to the fore now but preferably with players whose basic skill levels can meet the demands of our league.
Having read and reread NdP’s post I’ve got to agree, with a heavy heart, it speaks the truth. The truth can hurt too. PP referred to being bottom of the food chain in his post match Solihull Moors interview. We were near the top of the part time pecking order before and that was reflected in the players mentioned in the post. Kossy and Marriott were two big blows and the keeper fiasco has been farcical. I was fully behind the full time venture so I can’t say I told you so. I think we can see the problems we are faced with which we didn’t have as a part time outfit. That’s the easy bit. Finding a solution is a major issue. Wealdstone and SC**thorpe at home are next. Get those behind us with some points in the bag and the glass will be half full again. Nobody expected this full time lark to be easy. It isn’t.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2022, 10:27:02 AM »

The problem is perhaps not so much going full time, but doing so on what still appears to be a part time budget.

Ambition is a great thing to have, but if you don't have the wherewithal to at least make the opening steps successfully all you actually have are dreams.

If Wealdstone beat Working this afternoon, they'll move up to 3rd, but that should definitely not intimidate us. They're short of two players through suspension (if they're three match bans they'll miss the game here), and have only scored 2 goals in their last 3 matches.

SC**thorpe are a basket case - if we don't beat THEM we seriously are relegation fodder I'm afraid.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Match Thread