PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 trafford players who would get in to alty team
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: trafford players who would get in to alty team  (Read 5513 times)

Jimmy

Re: trafford players who would get in to alty team
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 11:46:55 PM »

What for the 23 goals in 10 games

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 12:15:58 AM »

Still pretty much shocked by what I saw on Saturday afternoon........first post since

The No5 Bayuno has been there a few seasons and the four or fives games I have seen over the last two seasons, he has always looked their best player. However if he is definately Conf North standard, then why has nobody else has taken a punt on him......Altrincham, Stalybridge, Stockport, Droylsden, Hyde etc.
I am a million miles away from being a scout but it doesn't stack up. The performance on Saturday could maybe get him a gig elsewhere and maybe we could enquire, but one good performance against a side that would have lost to any Unibond team on the day, does not necessarily mean he could 'command' the box week in and week out and is an adequate replacement for Willliams.

I have just checked and Trafford have conceded 23 goals in 10 games to date........not the best defensive record

Perhaps being at Uni has had something to do with it?

Playing p/t football when in f/t education has got to be easier than when in f/t employment.....playing for a higher placed local club cannot be any more disruptive to his studies than playing for Trafford...........but you could still be right...maybe Trafford train less ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 12:22:50 AM »

I've seen Nia play a few times over the years, as I tend to go down to Shawe View when Alty aren't playing/are away and I can't afford it. I saw him last year in a game Trafford played against Maine Road and he was an absolute beast. He won man of the match and not much got past him all game. He's a good player, extremely powerful, wins everything in the air. But he's not like that every game. When the ball is played on the ground and passed about, his lack of pace can get him completely lost.

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to us signing him, but just trying to make a point he doesn't play the way he did Saturday week in week out.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

markecky

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 12:34:36 AM »

I've seen Nia play a few times over the years, as I tend to go down to Shawe View when Alty aren't playing/are away and I can't afford it. I saw him last year in a game Trafford played against Maine Road and he was an absolute beast. He won man of the match and not much got past him all game. He's a good player, extremely powerful, wins everything in the air. But he's not like that every game. When the ball is played on the ground and passed about, his lack of pace can get him completely lost.

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to us signing him, but just trying to make a point he doesn't play the way he did Saturday week in week out.

Fair play then mate, you've seen him more than me.  I just felt he had a presence.  Maybe he just plays well against Alty or maybe we just don't work him very hard as Jimmy said.

bumble

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »

TRAFFORD 2-0 Skelmsdale

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »

TRAFFORD 2-0 Skelmsdale
Alty - Calpol for footy clubs for years.
Playing badly, beat alty then go on an unbeaten run
Bernard Taylors barmy army

LymmRobin

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 10:44:57 AM »

Need to give a shout out to Steve Mason, my former student, who plays at right back for Trafford.  I think he contributed significantly to their triumph by totally nullifying the threat of Nicky and Buzz on the left wing.  He didn't lose concentration for a minute and worked his socks off.  Also I think the fact that a number of players who have left Trafford but have failed to settle in other clubs says something about the camaraderie that exists within the squad.  Good luck to them I say.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 trafford players who would get in to alty team