PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jimmy Hardman
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jimmy Hardman  (Read 3787 times)

Dave Y

Jimmy Hardman
« on: September 23, 2013, 04:14:06 PM »

Not wishing to start an entire thread & not really knowing where else to post this, I just wanted to say it was great to see the legend that is Jimmy Hardman at Ferriby on Saturday. He & I grew up together watching Alty in the days of Ellis, Carmody, Showler, Freeman, Bomber Harris ( & plenty more of such quality ). I moved to North Ferriby with work in 1999 so kind of adopted them as my non league team. Always keeping an eye on Altys results especially when Danny Adams played ( he was another good pal of ours ). Recently I have moved back over to Warrington so I made a special effort to get to Ferriby on Saturday to watch my 2 teams by cycling there and back ( 238 miles round trip ). Will be at the return fixture in April at Moss Lane if not before to catch up again Jimmy !! Even though Alty had a bit of an off day on Saturday, a play off place looks easily achievable. Enjoy the season Robins fans. Dave Yeoman.  :)

JDN

Re: Jimmy Hardman
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 04:32:32 PM »

Yes Jimmy Hardman is a legend

markecky

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 04:50:48 PM »

Blimey, Dave Yeoman!

Sorry I missed you mate, I'm usually there but was away at the weekend.

Hopefully catch up with you at the home game mate.

And yes, the boy Hardman is a legend even minus the flares.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 05:07:50 PM by markecky »

Dave Y

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 05:28:53 PM »

Ecky! You didn't miss much of a game on Saturday, the best player on the pitch won the game for Ferriby - Jarman. Think I will bring the kids along to Trafford on Saturday for some FA Cup fever. Will there be confetti & baloons like the old days  ;D. Maybe see you there.

JDN

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 05:45:48 PM »

Jimmy Hardman comes on here sometimes, either as Jimmy or SW

Dave Y

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »

Thanks Jamie. Was it you with Jim in the bar on Saturday?

JDN

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 06:04:24 PM »

Thanks Jamie. Was it you with Jim in the bar on Saturday?
yes that was me

markecky

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »

Ecky! You didn't miss much of a game on Saturday, the best player on the pitch won the game for Ferriby - Jarman. Think I will bring the kids along to Trafford on Saturday for some FA Cup fever. Will there be confetti & baloons like the old days  ;D. Maybe see you there.

Nice one mate, I'll be there.  The younger lads who have replaced us do a good job with confetti and balloons so there should be some mate.

I saw Phil Bail the other week in Lyme Park which was a blast from the past.

Be good to see you, hopefully catch up with you on Saturday.

joe

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 07:10:05 PM »

Nice one mate, I'll be there.  The younger lads who have replaced us do a good job with confetti and balloons so there should be some mate.

Was he with Dale chanting 'Tuna Tuna'?

Dave Y

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 07:25:47 PM »

Ecky! You didn't miss much of a game on Saturday, the best player on the pitch won the game for Ferriby - Jarman. Think I will bring the kids along to Trafford on Saturday for some FA Cup fever. Will there be confetti & baloons like the old days  ;D. Maybe see you there.

Nice one mate, I'll be there.  The younger lads who have replaced us do a good job with confetti and balloons so there should be some mate.

Was he with Dale chanting 'Tuna Tuna'?

Phil Bale... I seem to recall he also referred to himself as 'Beastie Boy Bale', back in the days when it was deemed acceptable to steal, then wear a VW car badge around the neck. Anyone under 21 will wonder what the hell I'm on about  ;). Without wishing to ask Boss Hogg to formally identify himself, would I be correct in my assumption that his nickname 20 years ago was shared by an ex Man U player ??
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:59:35 PM by Dave Y »

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2013, 07:33:59 PM »

Quality to see you and your dad again nice one dave

joe

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »

Most people on here know who I am anyway Dave,hope to see you at Trafford if you make it

Martin 'Joe' Jordan

Dave Y

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 07:50:35 PM »

Definitely going to come to Trafford now for a catch up with you all ! Good luck tomorrow against Gloucester. My old mans going ( in the main stand now as he's 72 ) !

markecky

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 07:53:13 PM »

Definitely going to come to Trafford now for a catch up with you all ! Good luck tomorrow against Gloucester. My old mans going ( in the main stand now as he's 72 ) !

Did your old man bike it Dave?  He was always round Alty on his bike...

Had a good laugh about Phil's chat up line and the tuna, his Mrs and three kids weren't in ear shot.

Lets get big Ross McNulty down! Is he still about?

bumble

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 07:56:13 PM »

Did your old man bike it Dave?  He was always round Alty on his bike...

Had a good laugh about Phil's chat up line and the tuna, his Mrs and three kids weren't in ear shot.

Lets get big Ross McNulty down! Is he still about?

Just remember to get your talking done early  ;)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Jimmy Hardman