PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No title celebration tomorrow
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No title celebration tomorrow  (Read 4909 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No title celebration tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 07:24:20 AM »

I had no desire whatsoever to see away fans celebrating a league title at Moss Lane.

I have never forgotten, nor forgiven, those tw*ats from kidderminster.

COME ON ALTY

& the last side to win a league at Alty was ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Didn't Hucknall Town clinch the Unibond title here in 2003/04?

Edit: it may have been 2002/03 now I think about it.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:39:38 AM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

Close mate.Accrington it was in 2002/03. We lost 3-1, equalizing with a Barry Shuttleworth pen, just before half time I think
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 06:36:26 PM »

and it was horrible to watch. just horrible.

we gave stevenage a game last night, and I have to say their fans were quiet apart form that s0dding drum.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 07:05:11 PM »

Close mate.Accrington it was in 2002/03. We lost 3-1, equalizing with a Barry Shuttleworth pen, just before half time I think

That game against Accrington was away from home in 2002/03. I'm sure Hucknall clinched the title at Moss Lane the season after.

Edit: Having now trawled through the archive on our superb official website, it appears that they effectively did clinch the title at Moss Lane in April 2004 barring a mathematical miracle by Droylsden.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:13:06 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 10:48:00 PM »

That game against Accrington was away from home in 2002/03. I'm sure Hucknall clinched the title at Moss Lane the season after.

Edit: Having now trawled through the archive on our superb official website, it appears that they effectively did clinch the title at Moss Lane in April 2004 barring a mathematical miracle by Droylsden.

That was certainly the one I was thinking of, although I didn't remember that it wasn't mathematically certain.

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2010, 06:35:23 AM »

I remember that Hucknall match very well.....they were a pretty good side and we were well beaten on the night but I'd been pretty rude to them beforehand on their forum about the number of fans they were bringing and how they'd bought the title etc.

Then in the bar afterwards I was sought out by a few Hucknall fans who introduced me to the Hucknall chairman's wife who 'wanted to have words with me'.......they turned out to be really a really nice bunch of people.

I can also remember Hughsey looking in awe at Smithy's Hucknall Town FC tattooed bald head in the bar.

A year later a few of those Hucknall fans including the chairman's mrs came to our Kettering play off semi to support Alty and I went to their Trophy final with grays to support them.....that's non league football for you and the beauty of the internet......I reckon I was well in with Mrs C!!!!!!

Ironically we clinched the play offs with our 4-2 defeat at Hucknall last game of the season where the mad hucknall fans dressed in fancy dress.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2010, 12:13:36 PM »

Ironically we clinched the play offs with our 4-2 defeat at Hucknall last game of the season where the mad hucknall fans dressed in fancy dress.

Seem to remember their Chairman was dressed in broad striped suit with a straw boater.....George Melly style
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 12:16:15 PM »

I remember that Hucknall match very well.....they were a pretty good side and we were well beaten on the night but I'd been pretty rude to them beforehand on their forum about the number of fans they were bringing and how they'd bought the title etc.

Then in the bar afterwards I was sought out by a few Hucknall fans who introduced me to the Hucknall chairman's wife who 'wanted to have words with me'.......they turned out to be really a really nice bunch of people.

I can also remember Hughsey looking in awe at Smithy's Hucknall Town FC tattooed bald head in the bar.

A year later a few of those Hucknall fans including the chairman's mrs came to our Kettering play off semi to support Alty and I went to their Trophy final with grays to support them.....that's non league football for you and the beauty of the internet......I reckon I was well in with Mrs C!!!!!!

I remember the 4-2 defeat...all Alty fans were asked to go in fancy dress.

Never really been big on stuff like that..I think you dressed up Jezza and Matt Taylor wore a funny wig.  That was it!

thegazelle

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2010, 04:19:02 PM »

i went dressed up as a fat bloke in a red and white stripe shirt it was very convincing

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »

I remember the 4-2 defeat...all Alty fans were asked to go in fancy dress.

Never really been big on stuff like that..I think you dressed up Jezza and Matt Taylor wore a funny wig.  That was it!

Didn't Beez dress up as well.

Niall & his mates wore Elvis masks.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No title celebration tomorrow