Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any Historian/Statistician out there to assist ??
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Any Historian/Statistician out there to assist ??  (Read 4921 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Any Historian/Statistician out there to assist ??
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 12:30:30 PM »

Peter Eales also made his Alty debut in the home game v Buxton & kept his place for the away game. Frankish & Schofield had shared the keeping duties through the season.
Scorers (h) Tony Broadhead, Phil Smith 2, Joe Pritchard 2 (a) Andy Windsor.
Scorers v Macc in 68-9 NWFL final (a) - Jack Swindells & Don Weston; in 74-5 final (h) Phil Smith & John Hughes.
I am fairly sure that there were 3 debutants in that first leg game.....Peter Eales, Joe Pritchard & Gerry Casey, if I remember correctly. If not Gerry Casey, it may have been Mickey Brooke, but I seem to recall that he joined us towards the end of that season, rather than right at the end.
Quite right, Brian. Gerry Casey it was. Micky Brooke made 11 appearances in total that season.

Thanks Mike.......the current millenium equivalent of Peter Eales, Gerry Casey & Joe Pritchard making their debuts in the same game would be something like an announcement that we had signed Stuart Coburn, Paul Ellender & Val Owen/Eddie Hussin on the same day.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Any Historian/Statistician out there to assist ??