PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic Win Alty!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Fantastic Win Alty!  (Read 10741 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Fantastic Win Alty!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2013, 10:24:05 AM »

FAN BLOODY TASTIC , Thougth we were going to get hammered the way it started , second half sub made a big diffrence , Leather should play centre back instead of Hall , Richman my mom and player of the year for me , he has improved so much this season , onwards and upwards from now , cant make guisley unfortunately .

Jimmy

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2013, 12:36:38 PM »

Yes agree with most of that a quality display with a determenation and spirit that I wasn't convinced we could do the change half time made won us game leather as a centre half looks like he will be back in football leauge soon

JDN

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »

It's weird reading other fans think we should be pissing this league when we all know there's been some duff Alty performances this season.  Chester have pissed this league and rightly so. Also a couple of comments about the poor state of the Shay pitch being a leveller for lower quality visting teams.  I think there is some mileage in that argument.   

Nerves starting to show at Halifax...

It a fair point though

We really should have done so much better across the whole season

Late good run is going to get us 4th or 5th but we should really be up challenging Guiseley and Chester. But of course the aim has always been play offs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 02:53:19 PM »

Home advantage in any playoff final would be massive, the pitch at Halifax is not fit for purpose, Guiseley, Harrogate or BPA  would make it all ticket and that would impact on our following, and Brackley is comparatively a long way

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2013, 03:00:19 PM »

Home advantage in any playoff final would be massive, the pitch at Halifax is not fit for purpose, Guiseley, Harrogate or BPA  would make it all ticket and that would impact on our following, and Brackley is comparatively a long way

unlikely though unless we finish 4th (if ruling out finishing 3rd) and then need team that finishes 5th prob halifax or bpa to beat guiseley over two legs (possible but i would back guiseley)

joe

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »

I'd be surprised if any club made it all ticket?! I couldn't see Harrogate,BPA or Guiseley getting more than 1500 for a play off match against Alty taking into consideration we'd take 350-400.

Jimmy

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »

I think for a final we would take a lot more than that semi maybe a tad more but not all ticket

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »

I think for a final we would take a lot more than that semi maybe a tad more but not all ticket

semi 400, final maybe 600-700 ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2013, 05:11:28 PM »

There was 3946 at the finsl last year Gainsborough v Nuneaton and it was all ticket

In the semis Guiseley 1650 against nunny, BPA v FCUM was all ticket in the evostick playoff

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »

Although as I expected Halifax were very average, and I think we will come ahead of them now

"Very average"...?

That's a rather glib statement from a man of your Non League knowledge and experience, if I may say so!

Halifax dominated the first half and fully deserved to be ahead at half-time.

Their leading goalscorer, Gregory, had to go off injured after only fifteen minutes and their second highest goalscorer this season to date, Gareth Seddon, was sitting in the Main Stand.

If we had lost Reeves in similar circumstances and had also been without Watmore, then I suspect that we might well have been "very average"...!

In addition, their most creative player, Gardner, was substituted at half-time owing to an injury.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

JDN

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2013, 06:02:33 PM »

By average I mean a team in the top six of the BSN not Barcelona

I.e nothing for us to be scared of, or we shouldn't be anyway. For the first 30 minutes we were scared of them and you could tell in our play. However when we stopped worrying about them and played our game we took control and were by far the better team

I think the Halifax forum has it spot on

fuertes

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 06:25:33 PM »

Wonderful result. We've a really good chance of making the playoffs now.

Re Halifax - I think fatigue/injuries are catching up with them now. And I suspect the same is true of Harrogate, who've also had a couple of important players depart. It was always going to be a struggle for them with so many postponements.

I'd gladly take a draw + no injuries/suspensions from the Guiseley fixture.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic Win Alty!