PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic Win Alty!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Fantastic Win Alty!  (Read 10751 times)

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fantastic Win Alty!
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2013, 07:22:57 PM »

I agree Richman was MOM, but they all played well apart from Hall who seemed very sluggish first half, injured?
Dunc did his usual once we got the ball to him.
Scott was immense second half, but it's the TEAM who deserve the praise tonight, the whole team and management for a very gutsy performance to a man.
You can clearly see the fantastic spirit now in this side.
I'm usually a sceptic but even I now think we have a chance of getting back to where we want to be, maybe :o

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2013, 07:47:24 PM »

Yes...and all done despite a completely inept referee - who got two potentially game changing decisions wrong before playing on until 2 minutes to five !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »

Yes...and all done despite a completely inept referee - who got two potentially game changing decisions wrong before playing on until 2 minutes to five !

Great achievement to beat both the opponents and the Ref.

markecky

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »

Halifax fans can't believe that wasn't a pen on Duncan and that challenge on Nicky was awful.

The ref wasn't just bad he was weird.

bumble

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2013, 08:03:35 PM »

Halifax fans can't believe that wasn't a pen on Duncan and that challenge on Nicky was awful.

Be interesting to see if its in the highlights package...

£4.50 is more than worth it to watch that game again!

Jimmy

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »

Best performance in sinnott era i am pissed and very happyx

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2013, 09:00:30 PM »

radio robins said it was terrible and should have been red
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »

Half an hour in, I was convinced we would get thrashed. And to be honest, I wasn't convinced we'd win even at half time.

But the substitution made a massive difference. Scott and Luca are a formidable partnership.

That Watmore is rubbish......starts things off, and other people have to finish the job for him  ;)

Simon Richman was absolutely awesome this afternoon.

JDN

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2013, 10:44:53 PM »

Big win today

Although as I expected Halifax were very average, and I think we will come ahead of them now

Every player was excellent today, except for Hall who was sh*t as usual

Leather CB, Doughty LB is the way forward Lee

I am only crapping myself about Bradford now lol :D

thegazelle

« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »

just walked in at 3.ooam been presenting karaoke all night, run of my arse and no chance to look at my phone for updates from ghanna, fully expected to hear bad news . what a fantastic result . please tell me more.

VofD

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:26 PM »

Very well done. Congrats to everyone involved. STUpendous result.

Hamilton

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:36 PM »

Ref described by RR as "Prancing!"

Had to go to work at 1-1, when I caught up with the result on JL's live text I had to look twice. Unbelievable! Immense!

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 11:00:42 PM »

Ref described by RR as "Prancing!"

Had to go to work at 1-1, when I caught up with the result on JL's live text I had to look twice. Unbelievable! Immense!

Been interested to see if LS or any of the players have any comments re the Ref, JL was giving him both barrels throughout on the text commentary, he sounded a right joker.

Another good thing about beating a big club who actually have a few fans and a forum that more than 10 people use is trawling through the bitter post game recriminations on their forum. A number want Aspin sacked and most think they have no chance in the play offs. It's reminiscent of this place in many ways, haha!

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2013, 11:55:03 PM »

Just had a laugh at the comments and recriminations on the Halifax forum, here are a few comments;

"Watmore is as good as I've seen in striker this season. Reeve's finish for his second was sensational"

"Reeve's and Watmore pulled our 2 centre backs apart today and made them look amateur right from the first minute"

"This season Sinnott added the centre back pairing of Hyde's promotions team to a squad including Watmore, Reeves, Lawrie, Clee add to that now Boshell. They should be pissing this league"

and finally,..... "I agree, I think BPA look a great shout for the 5th and final play off spot. They are on form, confident and scoring lots of goals. The same can't be said about us. Also, we have one of the hardest run ins plus the fact we still need to play 12/13 games. Too many people are being ignorant to the decent teams around us in assuming we are guaranteed a play off spot. I think we will miss out if I'm being honest!"

York Alty

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 12:01:50 AM »

Just had a laugh at the comments and recriminations on the Halifax forum, here are a few comments;

"Watmore is as good as I've seen in striker this season. Reeve's finish for his second was sensational"

"Reeve's and Watmore pulled our 2 centre backs apart today and made them look amateur right from the first minute"

"This season Sinnott added the centre back pairing of Hyde's promotions team to a squad including Watmore, Reeves, Lawrie, Clee add to that now Boshell. They should be pissing this league"

and finally,..... "I agree, I think BPA look a great shout for the 5th and final play off spot. They are on form, confident and scoring lots of goals. The same can't be said about us. Also, we have one of the hardest run ins plus the fact we still need to play 12/13 games. Too many people are being ignorant to the decent teams around us in assuming we are guaranteed a play off spot. I think we will miss out if I'm being honest!"

It's weird reading other fans think we should be pissing this league when we all know there's been some duff Alty performances this season.  Chester have pissed this league and rightly so. Also a couple of comments about the poor state of the Shay pitch being a leveller for lower quality visting teams.  I think there is some mileage in that argument.   

Nerves starting to show at Halifax...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Fantastic Win Alty!