PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HELP NEEDED
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED  (Read 4432 times)

Alex

HELP NEEDED
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »

very off topic but im in need of advise. is there any decent indian restraunts in alty town centre? i know this isn't football related but im more likely to get a resopnse on here before tonight

markecky

Re: HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:39:23 AM »

yes, on stamford new road...http://www.dilli.co.uk/

Alex

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:40:31 AM »

cheers

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

It's very highly rated but I wasn't keen on it when I went in. Fairly posh though so she'll like it.  ;)

Alex

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 01:16:41 PM »

it's not open late enough rele closes at 11 and i doubt i'll be getting into alty before 1045. but thanks for the info ecky.

btw ballers i wouldn't take a lady to an indian in alty if i was taking her out

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 01:27:06 PM »

No, me niether really. It jsut sounded like that's what you are doing. It now sounds like you want a curry after the match. In which case agood one me and some mates often go to is up near Dwns raod, whatever it's called. It's opposite where the Brasserie is/used to be. Very friendly, very good food.

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 01:29:56 PM »

It's very highly rated but I wasn't keen on it when I went in. Fairly posh though so she'll like it.  ;)

not a big fan of posh indians, went to one in nottingham claims to be the best in the country. Hadn't heard of any of the stuff on the menu and they were charging £17 for it.

I like the one near the Pelican in Timperley, use to be called bollywood, think its called shandaar now.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:12:28 PM by RocketDan »

Alex

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 01:31:22 PM »

No, me niether really. It jsut sounded like that's what you are doing. It now sounds like you want a curry after the match.

yup lol we have people from our office in denmark coming over tommorrow so a few of us are taking them to old trafford then back into alty (as there staying at the cresta court) so needed to know where was good for a curry before totties  ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 01:33:25 PM »

No, me niether really. It jsut sounded like that's what you are doing. It now sounds like you want a curry after the match.

yup lol we have people from our office in denmark coming over tommorrow so a few of us are taking them to old trafford then back into alty (as there staying at the cresta court) so needed to know where was good for a curry before totties  ;)

Reading that sentence I thought it was going to say taking them to the CSC game at Moss Lane!

Alex

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »

i did suggest that but they don't fancy paying £14 to see a friendly  ;)

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 02:10:15 PM »

not a big fan of posh indians, went to one in nottingham claims to be the best in the country. Hadn't heard of any of the stuff on the menu and they were charging £17 for it.

I like the one near the Pelican in Timperley, use to be called bollywood, think its called shandaar now.

The Curry Cottage, just up from there near the golf shop, is even better :)

Longman

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »

Try India Gate, in Kings Court just off Stamford New Road mate, I go alot, it's reasonably priced, very friendly and a good balance between and traditional 'curry house' and a more modern style Indian.

They do a 5 course deal - Poppadoms, Starter, main course, rice or naan and coffee for £13.95!

The number is 01619414544.

bigcol

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »

£14? Forgot that Alty is upmarket now. You can get that for £8 at Whitley.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 10:22:48 PM »

There was a very good take-away in Ellesmere Port - it was in the converted ground floor of a terraced house on a back street off the main shopping street and the most cheap, un-Indian take-away looking Indian take-away you could see. However, the chef was award winning - the best in the North West - and the food superb

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 10:34:19 PM »

From Steve from Sale - the curry king
Hi, best Curry Houses, the Dilli is very good though the menu is slightly different from what we are used to. But I have not yet eaten there, though I am told you get what you pay for, slightly Indian Cordon Bleu type.
There is a reasonable one next door to the Old Market tavern, which is a little lower in price but not much; this was the old Sheer Khan but there is now another one in it's place. The Old Market Tavern I think is also Altrincham's best pub.
There is a restaurant past the Downs going towards Alty Grammer school on the left, which is very good and I have had enjoyable meals in there.

Other as mentioned previously are all ok.

Outside the area there is one opposite IBM in Sale where I had a great pepper sauce curry, it was out of this world!!

The other which deserves a mention is the Naawab in Levenshulme on the A6, and old converted cinema. This is well attended by our local Indian population, which I think is a good recommendation in itself. You can get a three course all-you-can eat meal for £10.00 per head, plus drinks and pappadums.

I would try the Dilli to be honest, I will do that myself very soon.

Enjoy your night

Steve from Sale
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 HELP NEEDED