News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colchester by Train

Author Topic: Colchester by Train  (Read 1886 times)

shelmers

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Colchester by Train
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:15:57 PM »

Many people thinking of getting the train then on Sunday 6th? Anybody looked at any prices at all and know of the cheapest routes? I see there are a couple of stations in Colchester not sure which is closes though

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Colchester by Train
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 05:25:39 PM »

The only train available to get to Colchester for 2pm is the 08:20 out of pic, but beware there's no tubes between Euston and Liverpool Street that day

* original post amended, no rail replacement this day, got my dates wrong
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:33:58 PM by Figgy Pudding »

roytonmike

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 01:25:15 PM »

Many people thinking of getting the train then on Sunday 6th? Anybody looked at any prices at all and know of the cheapest routes? I see there are a couple of stations in Colchester not sure which is closes though
The main line station is Colchester North - generally just referred to as Colchester. Colchester Town only has branch line services. The shuttle bus to the ground leaves from near North station (£2.50 return according to Colchester website, taking about 10-15 min. to get there). Coming back there's a London train at 5.30 out of Colchester - there is an earlier one just after 5pm, which might be a bit tight.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:26:56 PM by roytonmike »

Hamilton

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 10:49:30 PM »

The main line station is Colchester North - generally just referred to as Colchester. Colchester Town only has branch line services. The shuttle bus to the ground leaves from near North station (£2.50 return according to Colchester website, taking about 10-15 min. to get there). Coming back there's a London train at 5.30 out of Colchester - there is an earlier one just after 5pm, which might be a bit tight.

Is it a small train?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colchester by Train