Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First on the team sheet on thurs..........
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: First on the team sheet on thurs..........  (Read 8121 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: First on the team sheet on thurs..........
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »

Surely not Simon Richman at the expense of Carl Rogers . He did play well on Saturday though. A team with both of them ( as we did against Burton in the 1st game) is the way forward for me.....

Rodgers will be out injured by sound of things

RocketDan

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 08:49:42 PM »

is Densmore banned for the game?

if so maybe we could go 3-5-2 and clobber the midfield.

Reeves      Lawrie

Clee  Moult  Rogers  Richman  Watmore

Havern     Hall    Leather

ALTYGAL

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »

I think with injuries Rodgers def out by sound of it on twitter,poss  Clee, Havern  we will have a small squad to pick from so the " GINGER NINJA" will def start  :)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 09:21:11 PM »

...................................Coburn
Leather..............Hall..............Havern..........Doughty

Watmore.......Richman/rogers....Moult............clee

..............................Reeves.........Lawrie.........

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »

...................................Coburn
Leather..............Hall..............Havern..........Doughty

Watmore.......Richman/rogers....Moult............clee

..............................Reeves.........Lawrie.........

That's a good side but if havern and or clee don't make it , the task becomes even harder

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 09:29:11 PM »

That's the team above! Would be devastated about rodgers as he was the best playeron the pitch in the first game. All this nonsense about watmore being an impact player. If fit our most dangerous player should always start, he never fades! Constant threat with a good assist record already and unbelievable shot!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 09:32:38 PM »

Mine is richman or rogers, depending on the fitness of rogers, I'm really hoping rogers sits on an ice bath from now until Thursday, f**k Pizza Hut.

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 09:35:44 PM »

Much as rogers has played well in recent weeks I feel we can play richman there and be ok I would be really worried if clee wasn't to play

roytonmike

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 09:43:32 PM »

Having seen Rodgers limp off on Saturday I seriously doubt that he will be fit to participate at all on Thursday. It looked alarmingly like hamstring trouble, which usually means a week or three out. Richman is essential to the side, as what Cantona would have dismissed as a 'water-carrier' but is in reality the sort of workhorse who makes the side tick. Clee is another essential factor who may or may not be available on Thursday. Densmore's absence is covered by Leather provided Havern is available. The question may not be whether Watmore and Richman start, but how to deploy them both in the absence of alternatives; we may even end up with a situation whereby we struggle to field a full bench. This isn't pessimism - just realism.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 09:51:04 PM »

Having seen Rodgers limp off on Saturday I seriously doubt that he will be fit to participate at all on Thursday. It looked alarmingly like hamstring trouble, which usually means a week or three out. Richman is essential to the side, as what Cantona would have dismissed as a 'water-carrier' but is in reality the sort of workhorse who makes the side tick. Clee is another essential factor who may or may not be available on Thursday. Densmore's absence is covered by Leather provided Havern is available. The question may not be whether Watmore and Richman start, but how to deploy them both in the absence of alternatives; we may even end up with a situation whereby we struggle to field a full bench. This isn't pessimism - just realism.

I know its late in the day but if iwas ls ,I would be looking to get a player in before thurs if at all possible

RocketDan

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 09:56:35 PM »

Maybe Lee should give Chris Senior a call, see if he fancies a kick about on Thursday

http://youtu.be/gP8MQwMaTIo?t=2m42s

fancy another goal at Moss Lane in the 1st round of the cup?

markecky

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 09:56:46 PM »

I know its late in the day but if iwas ls ,I would be looking to get a player in before thurs if at all possible

Players have to be signed before the original fixture I believe.

Lets just wait and see.

If Nicky or Luca are injured lets hope they keep it a bit closer to their chest and keep Burton guessing....

decman7

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »

Rogers just put on his Twitter that he has more chance of winning the lottery then playing on Thursday  :(

Bath Alty

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:59 PM »

So team as above without Rogers - OK, we could cope

Who comes in if Clee is out?  Mitchley?  Lawrie drops back to LM or worse RM and Duncan plays on the left?  Don't like that option.  How about Lacey in to CM with Moult and Watmore & Richman on wings?  Again not keen on either of them playing LM.  Bottom line is we need Nicky fit!

Same thing with the central defence.  With Carl out and Leather at RB we have no cover at all.  We'd have to move Leather to CB and have makeshift RB again as for the bulk of Saturday.  So lacey in for injured CB and Richman and Lacey is the centre midfield. ummmm.

One injury and one suspension and our back four has no cover at all.  Another CB is a priority with the cup money.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25:48 PM »

Rogers just put on his Twitter that he has more chance of winning the lottery then playing on Thursday  :(

I can only hope that this is a double bluff emanating from Rodgers, just in case Gary Rowett is following his account.

If not, I'd much rather that he kept any information regarding a potential injury to himself!

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 First on the team sheet on thurs..........