PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham's league record since Aldershot Town
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Altrincham's league record since Aldershot Town  (Read 5659 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham's league record since Aldershot Town
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2023, 10:52:27 PM »

I don't think for a second that signing Oyedele is an option that we'd be offered.
Completely agree....he is on the list of current loanees though to sign if we can

Feel to push on next season or even to stay still we need to improve a lot up front. We create enough chances to win many more games, but do not convert. Today and Trophy semi are good examples.

I am maybe being a bit harsh with Byrne who did well today and is young, but just feel that all the top half clubs have a keeper who looks more at home in Conf National.....just my opinion
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 10:55:18 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 05:50:14 AM »

The key ones here are Sinclair and CCC but they will cost and big. Maxi is regrettably a non starter. I think Welch-Hayes will stay (fingers crossed).

I'm not sure about keeping all 3 of Baines, Ferguson and Jones. We have conceded lots of goals and we can't blame the keeper for all of them.

If Osborne is not released then questions must surely be asked. Is Jordan safe too? If Osborne is a big earner, Jord will be the biggest and has he done enough?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2023, 08:17:04 AM »

The key ones here are Sinclair and CCC but they will cost and big. Maxi is regrettably a non starter. I think Welch-Hayes will stay (fingers crossed).

I'm not sure about keeping all 3 of Baines, Ferguson and Jones. We have conceded lots of goals and we can't blame the keeper for all of them.

If Osborne is not released then questions must surely be asked. Is Jordan safe too? If Osborne is a big earner, Jord will be the biggest and has he done enough?

As much as I've put Ferguson on the 'sign' list, I'll admit I'm basing that on his previous spell as I think he's been pretty average since being back with us.

I'm sure he can get better, but I'm not sure he'd definitely offer us any better than what Cooper does.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2023, 10:03:59 AM »

As much as I've put Ferguson on the 'sign' list, I'll admit I'm basing that on his previous spell as I think he's been pretty average since being back with us.

I'm sure he can get better, but I'm not sure he'd definitely offer us any better than what Cooper does.

I think he's gone backwards since his previous spell with us. He's become particularly prone to holding his opponents, and concedes too many fouls as a result. However, he's still a work in progress and I believe he'll become a very good player with time, patience, and decent coaching.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2023, 10:33:47 AM »

First chance he got he jumped ship. Not for me I'm afraid. Not pulling up any trees this time around as he's not in the shop window.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2023, 10:36:32 AM »

If we are to progress ie aim for the  play offs next season we need players like ccc and Sinclair .Would Warbuton be a good addition if we could get him ?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 11:48:11 AM by Timperley The Best »

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2023, 11:30:29 AM »

If we are to progress ie aim fir play offs next season we need players like ccc and Sinclair .Would Warbuton be a good addition if we could get him ?

I’ve heard that Matty will be going back to teaching in a couple of seasons.
I would also keep Cooper

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2023, 11:44:43 AM »

Me too. I think Cooper is better for us in the longer term than Ferguson actually.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2023, 11:48:09 AM »

Me too. I think Cooper is better for us in the longer term than Ferguson actually.

As you know I’m a big fan of Kyle

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2023, 11:50:51 AM »

I would like to see another experienced keeper for next season, Byrne is lacking in certain aspects of keeping goal

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2023, 11:53:55 AM »

I'm afraid I don't share in the optimism that many of our better-performing loanees are likely to be here next season. First and foremost Maxi Oyedele is destined for far bigger next season than a return to Altrincham, but Tyrese Sinclair is contracted at Rochdale through next season and would command a big fee and wages. I can see him landing himself a move to League 2 club, it's the Elliot Newby scenario all over again.

Chris Conn-Clarke is one that there is going to be a lot of expectancies around but he signed a new deal shortly before his Waterford loan and it would be a big shock if we managed to prize him away, in my opinion. Then you've got the likes of Miles Welch-Hayes and Kyle Ferguson who certainly feel a little more achievable but both would have to take a significant pay cut to come and play here permanently.

I know it's a pessimistic post towards the end of a season that has given us real cause for optimism but I'm still painfully aware of where we are budget-wise and the (lack of) pull that our club has to attract these marquee players on a permanent basis.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 11:57:37 AM by Andrew Flynn »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2023, 12:00:51 PM »

I'm afraid I don't share in the optimism that many of our better-performing loanees are likely to be here next season. First and foremost Maxi Oyedele is destined for far bigger next season than a return to Altrincham, but Tyrese Sinclair is contracted at Rochdale through next season and would command a big fee and wages. I can see him landing himself a move to League 2 club, it's the Elliot Newby scenario all over again.

Chris Conn-Clarke is one that there is going to be a lot of expectancies around but he signed a new deal shortly before his Waterford loan and it would be a big shock if we managed to prize him away, in my opinion. Then you've got the likes of Miles Welch-Hayes and Kyle Ferguson who certainly feel a little more achievable but both would have to take a significant pay cut to come and play here permanently.

I know it's a pessimistic post towards the end of a season that has given us real cause for optimism but I'm still painfully aware of where we are budget-wise and the (lack of) pull that our club has to attract these marquee players on a permanent basis.

It's a really sensible post and I suspect you're right that one or two of the more utopian goals (e.g. Oyedele and CCC) will be out of reach, however I didn't expect us to sign Lundstram permanently - or even Perrit, given he'd been featuring every week in League One.

Much will depend on how much the player wants it - if Tyrese is enjoying his football here, it might be the swinging factor in Dale putting a deal in place - even if we can offer them a slightly less important player with good NL experience in return.

andrewflynn

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2023, 12:09:28 PM »

It's a really sensible post and I suspect you're right that one or two of the more utopian goals (e.g. Oyedele and CCC) will be out of reach, however I didn't expect us to sign Lundstram permanently - or even Perrit, given he'd been featuring every week in League One.

Much will depend on how much the player wants it - if Tyrese is enjoying his football here, it might be the swinging factor in Dale putting a deal in place - even if we can offer them a slightly less important player with good NL experience in return.

Definitely. The signings of Lundstram, Perritt and Jones x2 do indicate that the tide is beginning to turn in our favour a little bit so it's certainly not beyond us to attract a Ferguson or Welch-Hayes back in the summer.

I also think the Linney signing demonstrated how big a pull we now have when looking down the pyramid, too, and I expect us to be watching the likes of Chester and Chorley like a hawk. Players like Kurt Willoughby and Connor Hall fit the profile.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2023, 12:17:20 PM »

If Stockport go up they'll be buying in another level of player, so a fair few will out of the door.
Full time and proud of it

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2023, 12:46:03 PM »

600k in Seeders, best part of 100k in player sales, above average 2k crowd. We should be targeting being a top half club next season (no lower than 14, maybe troubling POs for a few weeks).
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham's league record since Aldershot Town