PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why are Vics Stewards so sh*t and bias
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why are Vics Stewards so sh*t and bias  (Read 6005 times)

Jenga

Re: Why are Vics Stewards so sh*t and bias
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 06:31:22 PM »

Whilst he may have too much time on his hands he is correct in his post.

H and S is part of todays society and should be upheld in every public place or place of work etc.

If a steward does not act upon something like this injuries could easily happen and in this case very very nearly did.

Shame on vics stewards, especially coupled with the ball throwing incident - totally shameful.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 06:33:58 PM »

I saw the incident with the steps. BUT.... my own opinion is if you don't look where your going and slip its your own bloody fault. All this nonsense with women sliiping over in reception areas, exploding handbags, girls in high heels tripping in warehouses is nonsense. The steps were also a health and safety issue if they were wet, although they seem to have lived long enough and have probably been alive since before you were born.

The general public are the ones who suffer with the bill past on to them.

As for sick, a night out in Blackpool might enlighten you a little. Most of the clubs floors are covered in it by 10pm.

As for the steward, he made himself and NV look very silly.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »

I'd have to say that the Vics steward hurling the ball at Shaun Densmore's shins was one of the highlights of my day.

Jenga

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »

I saw the incident with the steps. BUT.... my own opinion is if you don't look where your going and slip its your own bloody fault. All this nonsense with women sliiping over in reception areas, exploding handbags, girls in high heels tripping in warehouses is nonsense. The steps were also a health and safety issue if they were wet, although they seem to have lived long enough and have probably been alive since before you were born.

As for sick, a night out in Blackpool might enlighten you a little. Most of the clubs floors are covered in it by 10pm.

I think you need to get to speed with legislation and stop living in the 1920s. The purpose of H and S and the Indeed the health safety at work act is to, as far as posible, remove dangers that could cause injury or damage.

As for the steps and your comment about "The steps were also a health and safety issue if they were wet, although they seem to have lived long enough and have probably been alive since before you were born" well this is clearly a silly remark as the ground is only a couple of years old. As as being wet these steps should be made of an anti slip nature or indeed have an anti slip matting placed over them.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 07:29:45 PM by Jenga »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »

I think you need to get to speed with legislation and stop living in the 1920s. The purpose of H and S and the Indeed the health safety at work act is to, as far as posible, remove dangers that could cause injury or damage.

As for the steps and your comment about "The steps were also a health and safety issue if they were wet, although they seem to have lived long enough and have probably been alive since before you were born" well this is clearly a silly remark as the ground is only a couple of years old. As as being wet these steps should be made of an anti slip nature or indeed have an anti slip matting placed over them.

Well, like I said my post was my opinion !!

O dear, I bet Trafford council love you, how many trip and slip claims have you forwarded to the councils legal department on behalf of clients recently ? I bet your chuffed to bits that 5% of your council tax bill is for people who have made idiotic claims. Theres H&S and then theres looking where your going and taking accountability ! You remind me of the character in Little Britain that rallies everyone for meetings in his house. Seeing as though your up on Health and Safety legislation, you should report the steps to Luton for not complying with such act zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2008, 08:08:59 PM »

the ground is only a couple of years old

???

Give this a quick read, as I said the steps were probably built before you were even a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenilworth_Road
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:11:00 PM by blackpoolalty »

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2008, 08:36:30 PM »

Blackpool Alty, Redhill is perfectly correct in his post. I do not know how old you are but in the 70's and 80's there were several very serious incidents at grounds involving death and injuries. Many more before so too. I have personal experience  within my job of dealing with safety at sports grounds through the Green Guide and other legislation following the Taylor Report. Luton was very poor, I was not at Northwich but it sounds poor also. Most ( but not all ) grounds I have visited in the conference comply fully if not to a higher level than required.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

vic

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 08:41:52 PM »

gents out of order maybe but what would alty do if say the manager whacked somebody, surely with all the shock over our steward you would sack him wouldn't you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
the other alternative is to ignore it and complain about other teams etc.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2008, 08:42:32 PM »

Blackpool Alty, Redhill is perfectly correct in his post. I do not know how old you are but in the 70's and 80's there were several very serious incidents at grounds involving death and injuries. Many more before so too. I have personal experience  within my job of dealing with safety at sports grounds through the Green Guide and other legislation following the Taylor Report. Luton was very poor, I was not at Northwich but it sounds poor also. Most ( but not all ) grounds I have visited in the conference comply fully if not to a higher level than required.

I understand what you are saying. Although some sick on some aluminium steps and what happened in the 70's/80's is a poor comparison.

Like I said theres H&S and then accountability for your own actions. The Luton one falls into the latter as far as im concerned.

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2008, 10:34:58 PM »

Vic - Fair Point.

When Mr. Heathcote behaved in a childish manner some months ago there were plenty of people on here calling for him to go.

The "Respect" campaignstarts with all of us, and on these two occassions there wasn't a lot being shown.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2008, 11:05:41 PM »

I'd have to say that the Vics steward hurling the ball at Shaun Densmore's shins was one of the highlights of my day.

It was nice to see at least one expression of passion and frustration expressed by sombody connected with vics yesterday!

fatcat22363

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »

I would like to complain about the sick nature of this post. Standards are slipping.

York always had a good fireworks display when I lived there, lets give them another one today!

Jenga

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »

Well, like I said my post was my opinion !!

O dear, I bet Trafford council love you, how many trip and slip claims have you forwarded to the councils legal department on behalf of clients recently ? I bet your chuffed to bits that 5% of your council tax bill is for people who have made idiotic claims. Theres H&S and then theres looking where your going and taking accountability ! You remind me of the character in Little Britain that rallies everyone for meetings in his house. Seeing as though your up on Health and Safety legislation, you should report the steps to Luton for not complying with such act zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Actually I am insurance broker and see claims of this nature every day. As a broker I provide H and S information and advice to my clients, so I would say I am quite conversant with the H and S acts.

Kind regards.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why are Vics Stewards so sh*t and bias