PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Lewis Chalmers  (Read 8987 times)

JDN

Re: Lewis Chalmers
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2012, 04:00:23 PM »

Have you seen him?

He fat now

joe

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 04:39:35 PM »

I saw and spoke to him about 2 months ago and he didnt look overweight then. He cant have made a huge impact yesterday anyway as they lost 4-0 at home to Rushall Olympic :-)

taxi Phil

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 06:37:09 PM »

I saw and spoke to him about 2 months ago and he didnt look overweight then. He cant have made a huge impact yesterday anyway as they lost 4-0 at home to Rushall Olympic :-)
Still pulled in nearly 1800 yesterday. How long can it last ?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 07:37:41 PM »

To be fair, their proper team kicked off at 5.30pm yesterday, thus enabling them to go and sing Man Utd songs at Gigg Lane for a couple of hours before tuning in to ESPN.
Come on Alty!

JDN

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »

he beefy

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 09:01:06 PM »

he beefy

Why have you started posting in the style of Bob Marley?  ;)
Come on Alty!

Bath Alty

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »

Would he get in the team?  We need to keep playing Duncan from the start to build up his stamina so he can last more than an hour by the time we reach the playoffs (!!!)  That means we've Moult, Richman and Rogers competing for 2 spots already.  I'd rather see a left sided player arrive as we have very little cover for either Matt or Nicky

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 11:59:16 PM »

Would he get in the team?  We need to keep playing Duncan from the start to build up his stamina so he can last more than an hour by the time we reach the playoffs (!!!)  That means we've Moult, Richman and Rogers competing for 2 spots already.  I'd rather see a left sided player arrive as we have very little cover for either Matt or Nicky

I think the key point, as evidenced over the last month, is not whether Lewis or any other potential new signings would get into the team. More it is how effective they would be as a member of the squad.

Bath Alty

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 12:17:46 AM »

Agreed but I think the squad is thinnest down the left - I meant that at centre mid I don't think he'd get in the team often enough to be worth the wages, a squad player on the left would get more game time.   

Jenga

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »

Agreed but I think the squad is thinnest down the left - I meant that at centre mid I don't think he'd get in the team often enough to be worth the wages, a squad player on the left would get more game time.   

I dont agree with this and I dont think Nicky Clee would either.

We dont need to strengthen left or right, we need to improve the bench and not spend anymore than that this year.

By improving the bench (which i feel is very weak) you are going to make competition for places more realistic and that iteself should be enough to push the team on.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 02:21:05 PM »

We dont need to strengthen left or right, we need to improve the bench and not spend anymore than that this year.

By improving the bench (which i feel is very weak) you are going to make competition for places more realistic and that iteself should be enough to push the team on.

I think one of these two should do the trick

http://www.networldfootball.co.uk/football-ground-equipment/dugouts/football-dugout.html

http://www.networldfootball.co.uk/football-ground-equipment/dugouts/football-team-shelter-dugout-milan.html

Everyone will be jumping at the chance to sit on one of these benches every week !  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2012, 04:22:24 PM »

I so asked for that lol.

Bath Alty

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2012, 08:09:33 PM »

I don't see why Nicky would argue with the fact (OK it's my opinion rather than fact) that we have less cover down the left than we do in the middle.

Cover in CM = Richman, Lacey (assuming Moult and Rogers are in first XI)

Cover at LB = Grimshaw, Leather - neither seem to have much confidence from LS in that position
Cover at LM = ?? anyone ?? Lawrie, Watmore, both better played elsewhere

I'm not disagreeing that the first XI (actually 13 with Leather) are good enough and we need cover, my point is there is no point getting cover in CM (Lewis is where this debate started) where we actually have a fight for places already.  The squad player would ideally be able to cover for injury / suspension / resting of either Buzz or Nicky

JDN

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »

Chalmers is on the meat
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lewis Chalmers