PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Whingeing thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Whingeing thread  (Read 27117 times)

taxi Phil

Whingeing thread
« on: May 27, 2016, 07:25:41 AM »

I'm opening this thread so that people who want to bicker with each other like infants in a playground can do so without destabilising other threads on subjects relevant to supporting the Mighty Robins.

If you feel the need to start a spat with somebody, please do it here and the rest of us can leave you to it.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Whingeing thread
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 07:42:31 AM »

Ha ha best thread of the year
ParkINson's red and white army

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 08:25:34 AM »

I expect that there will be a few pages on here before too long

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:35:57 AM »

Can we include the 'I used to think the players were great 10 games ago, now I think they're all useless when it's clearly actually collective de-motivation due to poor management' in here too?

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 09:01:12 AM »

Can we have a thread about keeping all the old players despite them being lazy and not good enough

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 09:08:18 AM »

Can we include the 'I used to think the players were great 10 games ago, now I think they're all useless when it's clearly actually collective de-motivation due to poor management' in here too?
no dont be silly that would indicate leadersip and motuvation is important in football.. what planet are you on ??
ParkINson's red and white army

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 09:44:37 AM »

You all smell and I'm flouncing
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 09:49:40 AM »

Can we have a thread about keeping all the old players despite them being lazy and not good enough

Richman being a case in point - one minute he's 'energetic' and good enough, the next minute he's 'lazy and useless'. Use your common sense, mate.

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 10:01:47 AM »

Speaking of richman,he is in the not good enough category can never fault the lads effort

ripleym

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 10:10:47 AM »

It's threads like this that are ruining the forum.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 10:22:57 AM »

I'm opening this thread so that people who want to bicker with each other like infants in a playground can do so without destabilising other threads on subjects relevant to supporting the Mighty Robins.

If you feel the need to start a spat with somebody, please do it here and the rest of us can leave you to it.
I disagree with everything you will say on every subject during the next season.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 10:36:36 AM »

May I make a formal complaint about your spelling abilities please?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/whinging

;D

Hash

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 10:59:04 AM »

right then you moaning whining cretins can you answer this then , red or brown sauce  if you dont like any you can all "go do one" not having this and if you changed your opinion during the season your a traitor to the sauce ....... silly question isnt it that seems top be the way some of you idiots have been on this forum recently  RANT NOT OVER just having a break to i can make some more pointless reply up
FFS

itbegan

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 11:06:29 AM »

right then you moaning whining cretins can you answer this then , red or brown sauce  if you dont like any you can all "go do one" not having this and if you changed your opinion during the season your a traitor to the sauce ....... silly question isnt it that seems top be the way some of you idiots have been on this forum recently  RANT NOT OVER just having a break to i can make some more pointless reply up

It depends on what food they are applied?
Taken straight I prefer red  ;)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 11:07:35 AM »

May I make a formal complaint about your spelling abilities please?

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/whinging

;D
Discovered on t'internet:

I’m delighted to note that there’s been an outbreak of spelling the word “whingeing” correctly in the press lately.  It’s one of my favourite words, far greater than “moaning”, “whining”, or even that great Scots word “girning” – which is a far more aggravated and aggravating form of whingeing.

My delight stems from the fact that, twice in the past two years, I’ve submitted articles, one a review, the other a travel piece, which contained the word “whingeing”, only to suffer the indignity of having the ‘e’ removed from the published piece.  Now, before you all start hauling out your Concise Oxfords, I’m well aware that the word “whinging” is deemed perfectly acceptable – however, the fact is, I submitted the word “whingeing”.   Now, I’m sure subs are all perfectly nice people but…. OK, I won’t go there (again) for now.

But just look at the two together: “WHINGEING”; “WHINGING”. 

“Whingeing”; it’s robust, you screw your face up to say it out loud, it pours lava-fashion through your lips, smothering the object of your contempt (probably a spoiled-brat, inefficient Celtic Tiger co-worker or one of those endless, conveyor-belt singer-songwriters that still haven’t gone away) with molten bile.

“Whinging”; it looks piss-weak, it looks like it rhymes with “singing” or “wringing” or “minging” – in short, it doesn’t do anything but drip.

So, I’m beside myself with happiness for any writer who opens up their paper and sees their well-chosen word spelled exactly the way they intended, perfectly in context, conveying their meaning precisely.

Me, I’m left with two pieces of work (one of which was, despite a bizarrely confused and therefore diluted byline credit, quite excellent) that I’d rather not show anyone, lest they think the spelling of “whinging” was my choice.  It wasn’t; it never has been, it never will be.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Whingeing thread