PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now we are safe, what next?
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Now we are safe, what next?  (Read 11941 times)

roytonmike

Re: Now we are safe, what next?
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 09:21:05 AM »

Safe?
Looking at the fixture list, enough of those in the mire are playing each other in the coming weeks to mean that we probably are, but getting over the 50 point threshold would still be reassuring. I would rather not be going into April still feeling like we need some points, so something from both Saturday & the trip to Dartford would be nice.
As to where we go from here, Gillespie & Wilkinson will be on their way; I feel Parton needs to be given a run to establish (or otherwise) his credentials; Perry, Crowther & Williams also come into question for me. Marshall has limitations (I suspect I've seen milk turn quicker) but has shown his value. However, there is another question - as our players are mainly on one-year deals, will those up for renewal wish to renew? It is a two-way thing. Once we know who is staying the issue of where to strengthen will become clearer.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 09:28:26 AM »

Safe?

I think that the team should be safe from this position. However, that's now 5 defeats in the last 7 games, which is a worrying stat. A bigger worry for me is the repeating pattern of those games. Watching the team over the past few weeks, I have noticed a tendency to sluggish starts, conceding early goals (Macc, Forest Green, Barnet, Wrexham and Dover). This leaves the team constantly chasing the game, often in vain.

A stat I often bring up is the effect of scoring or conceding the first goal of the game, or the "go-ahead goal" as I have heard it described. This season, the team has gone 1-0 down in 25 of the 39 league games. 18 of those games have ended in defeat, 5 in a draw, with only 2 wins (Kidderminster and Wrexham, on consecutive Saturdays!). Add the FA Cup and trophy and it's 2 wins, 5 draws and 20 defeats.

In the 13 games in which the team has gone 1-0 up, there have been 12 wins and a draw. Add the FA cup and trophy games and it's 15 wins and 1 draw. The team has not lost a game after going 1-0 up for 2 seasons now.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »

I won't accept we are safe until the mathmatics prove it after the 2 games I have just witnessed i am not certain of anything yet
ParkINson's red and white army

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 11:29:50 AM »

Safe?

I think that the team should be safe from this position. However, that's now 5 defeats in the last 7 games, which is a worrying stat. A bigger worry for me is the repeating pattern of those games. Watching the team over the past few weeks, I have noticed a tendency to sluggish starts, conceding early goals (Macc, Forest Green, Barnet, Wrexham and Dover). This leaves the team constantly chasing the game, often in vain.

A stat I often bring up is the effect of scoring or conceding the first goal of the game, or the "go-ahead goal" as I have heard it described. This season, the team has gone 1-0 down in 25 of the 39 league games. 18 of those games have ended in defeat, 5 in a draw, with only 2 wins (Kidderminster and Wrexham, on consecutive Saturdays!). Add the FA Cup and trophy and it's 2 wins, 5 draws and 20 defeats.

In the 13 games in which the team has gone 1-0 up, there have been 12 wins and a draw. Add the FA cup and trophy games and it's 15 wins and 1 draw. The team has not lost a game after going 1-0 up for 2 seasons now.

That's a pretty amazing stat.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

Jimmy

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 06:32:38 PM »

It wouldn't be a bad idea giving Williams a game we were on a decent run when he was playing to not pick him with richman out and moult of form is a bit odd perry should be on the bench and gone in the summer and Sinnott jnr passing and control is dreadfull we will lose points if he keeps playing
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Now we are safe, what next?