* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan

Author Topic: Loan  (Read 2503 times)

Hamilton

Loan
« on: March 16, 2015, 12:06:02 AM »

With Dens possibly out til the end of the season we could be left short at the back, but is it worth getting a loan in or do we trust a reserve or youth or two?
If so, who?

taxi Phil

Re: Loan
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 01:05:02 AM »

Leather at right back. If we have an injury or suspension, either Moult or Cavanagh to fill in. Not ideal, but we should be safe from relegation now, so we can ride out the storm.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 11:47:01 AM »

Yep I doubt Lee will be getting anyone in at this stage, nor am I too fussed - for now!

Bath Alty

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »

only 4 fit defenders for 10 matches is a bit of a risk.  We need more numbers at the back for next season so I'd be looking for someone on loan who is unlikely to be retained by their parent club next year and lets have a good look at them before we try and sign them in the summer.  Or same rationale but get someone in from lower down the leagues but less likely to be released mid season if they are one of the best players at their club.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 11:18:59 PM »

I notice Southport signed a centre half on loan from Fleetwood (Tom Davies) who falls exactly into that category - very well regarded from his FCUM days, deal runs in the summer I think

Interestingly also noticed Matty Flynn was on the move again recently (to Chorley) - quite liked him last time he was here, opted to join Barrow in the Prem over us in the North if I remember correctly (got some stick on here for doing so)

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 06:07:43 AM »

I had no problem with him leaving for a higher level and more money he did the correct thing however I was pleased he left because he wasn't good enough

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 09:11:38 AM »

Ah, I thought he was OK from memory - I suppose it was a while ago.

It depends what we're after - ideally of course you want someone to push a starter to the bench - let's just be glad we're not starting from scratch! (Marc Joseph? Paul Jones? Mark Lees?)

But if we're happy with the current starting back line, and we're on a budget, it's about finding someone that's happy to be cover, that's played sufficiently at the level (and can preferably play at both CB and FB like Scott)

Whilst we're on the subject of former defenders, whatever happened to James Smith? Last I heard he was at Southport?

Yeah yeah, where's Senior etc

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »

Matty Taylor in the crowd tonight apparently, now he a player who should have started

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »

Which Matty Taylor ? Theres a few of them.James Smith is still only 29 but not sure if hes injured ?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Loan