PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 On the plus side........
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: On the plus side........  (Read 9273 times)

Jenga

On the plus side........
« on: August 30, 2010, 05:10:58 PM »

McCarthy impressed me.

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: On the plus side........
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »

Agree 100% - he looks decent

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »

I agree some great touches and vision at times very pleasing
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:32:40 PM »

Took the post out of my mouth.

Looked like he had good vision, a great touch, could take a man on and shoot.

He has the chance to become a hero very quickly..he would be straight in for me on Saturday.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »

totaly agree , looks the part , he had the guts to take a shot on goal and keeper tipped it over , well played and good luck for the season

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »

He got a shot away! he must be world class! ;)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »

Absolutely agree, he looked the brightest Alty player on the pitch.

I also agree with Ecky's other post about the fans. However, not only must the fans stand up and be counted, so should the players and the management. I know we've had a few injuries to some key players, but we lack total creativity - Why? I honestly don't understand?

There is a lack of belief at the club at the minute, and whilst Heathcote will be supported to the bitter end by some people, he needs to instill some belief in HIS team. In the last 3 games i've seen him be apopleptic at times - picking on individual players who in my opinion have been probably amongst the best on the pitch. Then today after seeing his arse he spends the majority of the second half ignoring the game and not seeming to give a toss about what's happening on the pitch. We need to encourage players.... not condemn and ridicule them in front of other teams, how must those lads feel walking off the pitch knowing they're going to get a hammering at every half and/or full time? If they don't perform fair enough. But I thought we looked pretty good for the first 15 - 20 mins of both halves today. We also did OK in the first half at York. The Crawley and Southport games were fairly even - albeit not the greatest football....

I know that we're going to struggle this year, We have to expect that given we have one of the lowest budgets in the league, but lets at least go down trying, creating chances and playing decent football and even if we are losing 2, 3 or 4 - 0 , lets go down as a collective.

We need a performance next week and we need to do it together Fans, Players and Management.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:55:09 PM by stubmanred »

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »

This lad was the one ray of sunshine on a horribly depressing afternoon. He showed more spark in just over an hour than most of the attacking players have managed all season !

On the minus side, Matty Crowell played so deep he should have been wearing a diver's suit, and his distribution was awful. Holmes was ineffective, and as for Twiss I'd get rid of him tomorrow morning.

VofD

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »

This lad was the one ray of sunshine on a horribly depressing afternoon. He showed more spark in just over an hour than most of the attacking players have managed all season !

On the minus side, Matty Crowell played so deep he should have been wearing a diver's suit, and his distribution was awful. Holmes was ineffective, and as for Twiss I'd get rid of him tomorrow morning.

Along with Reeves >:( >:( >:(

markecky

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 08:31:39 PM »

Completely wrong about Reeves in my opnion.  He will come good.

VofD

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »

Completely wrong about Reeves in my opnion.  He will come good.
Don't think so.Far too lightweight for a striker in this league.

jimmyhank

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 08:44:38 PM »

I thought McCarthy looked very promising.

brian1925

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »

McCarthy was brilliant and easily our best player. I held my tongue after the pre-season and the Southport game, but now I have to say it. Apart from Matty Crowell (and even he was poor today!) ALL the players brought in over the summer are abject. I don't disagree with Ecky very often, but Reeves will struggle to score 5 goals this season - he runs and runs, but with no end product and clearly what we need is goals. What we need to do if possible, is release a number of players now and replace them with loans - it really is that desperate I'm afraid.

markecky

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 09:24:06 PM »

McCarthy was brilliant and easily our best player. I held my tongue after the pre-season and the Southport game, but now I have to say it. Apart from Matty Crowell (and even he was poor today!) ALL the players brought in over the summer are abject. I don't disagree with Ecky very often, but Reeves will struggle to score 5 goals this season - he runs and runs, but with no end product and clearly what we need is goals. What we need to do if possible, is release a number of players now and replace them with loans - it really is that desperate I'm afraid.

No problem on disagreeing with me, its a forum and that what its all about.  I just feel that with a bit of time he will come good as he has pace and determination.  I guess we'll see...

As I said a few days ago, we really miss Denhams engine when he doesnt play.  He makes things happen..

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 09:41:50 PM »

C'mon lads he's not THAT bad............

remember John McAliskey !   ::)  ::)
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 On the plus side........