PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play-off place confirmed!
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Play-off place confirmed!  (Read 11525 times)

Hamilton

Re: Play-off place confirmed!
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 04:27:47 PM »

We need to play out best players to get as high as possible and give ourselves the psychological edge with a couple of good wins - simple.

I think its far from simple Hamilton to be honest.

No question for me that the best team starts against Halifax.

However if the Droyslden results makes no difference to our place we should start the team that started yesterday even if everyone is fit.
[/b]

Fair point - we should still thrash 'em!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 05:27:14 PM »

No. It's a one-off game at the home of the higher placed team.
thanks all is clear now

Not so, 2 legged semi with 2nd game at highest placed team. Final is at Neutral Venue to be decided by Conference once finalists are known.

SEE 'SINCE WHEN????????? etc' POST FOR RULES ON CONFERENCE WEBSITE !

No it isn't. Otherwise we couldn't have a chance of holding it at ML (if we finish 4th and play Halifax in the final).
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mount Street Alty

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »

If we want fourth then we play our strongest team possible in the last two games.....simples

robins1978

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 07:10:39 PM »

thanks all is clear now

Not so, 2 legged semi with 2nd game at highest placed team. Final is at Neutral Venue to be decided by Conference once finalists are known.

No it isn't. Otherwise we couldn't have a chance of holding it at ML (if we finish 4th and play Halifax in the final).

Ive been reliably informed the Conference has got this one wrong and have incorrect info on their website.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »

thanks all is clear now

Ive been reliably informed the Conference has got this one wrong and have incorrect info on their website.

Sorry!
You appear to be correct. According to the Conference website, the final WILL be played at a neutral ground.
I think a great many people on here will be surprised by this! (including me).

APPENDIX C THE BLUE SQUARE BET NORTH & BLUE SQUARE SOUTH PLAY-OFFS & PROMOTION FINAL SEASON 2012/2013 COMPETITION RULES

1 At the end of the season, the clubs who finish in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th and whose registered home ground has been inspected on or before 1 April in the season and meets the Grading requirements in force that season and the Entry Criteria for Admission to Full Membership of the Football Conference Limited shall be eligible to enter the end of season Football Conference North & South Play-Offs and Promotion Final competition and in accordance with Football Conference Limited Rule 13.

2 Play-Off Semi-Final matches shall be played on a Two Leg basis, First Legs to be 5th v 2nd, 4th v 3rd Second Legs to be 2nd v 5th, 3rd v 4th (or lowest Placed Club(s) the end of the Playing Season to be at home in the First Legs should they have replace a club(s) who do not qualify for play-offs). A Single Leg Promotion Final at a neutral ground selected by the Football Conference Board of Directors. This rule may be varied prior to the season at a formerly constituted AGM/EGM, or Special Meeting of all clubs, but must not be varied following commencement of the season.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:39:43 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

markecky

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 07:39:19 PM »

thanks all is clear now

Sorry!
You appear to be correct. According to the Conference website, the final WILL be played at a neutral ground.

The conference website is wrong and it is at the ground of the highest placed club.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 09:06:28 PM »

thanks all is clear now

Sorry!

The conference website is wrong and it is at the ground of the highest placed club.
i have decided I am just going to see where we are playing and turn up
ParkINson's red and white army

taxi Phil

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »

thanks all is clear now

Sorry!

It's at Histon  ;)

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 01:12:34 AM »

thanks all is clear now

Sorry!

It's at Histon  ;)

Is that really worse than Guiseley?  ;)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2013, 08:21:21 AM »

I don't care where we play final,  just as long as were in it 

Beaver

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2013, 12:55:57 PM »

Guiseley in the semi's and Brackley in the final would be ok, or other way round. Just want to avoid Halifax in the final as they'll take loads.

Im sure we'll take a few wherever the final is so we'd give the players a real lift to see us outnumber the opposition.

If the final is at Moss Lane do we have to give up half the ground? Might not be a bad thing, we could still pack 2500 into half the ground and create a brilliant atmosphere.

bighairedmike

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2013, 01:30:41 PM »

Guiseley in the semi's and Brackley in the final would be ok, or other way round. Just want to avoid Halifax in the final as they'll take loads.

Im sure we'll take a few wherever the final is so we'd give the players a real lift to see us outnumber the opposition.

If the final is at Moss Lane do we have to give up half the ground? Might not be a bad thing, we could still pack 2500 into half the ground and create a brilliant atmosphere.

I don't think so. I seem to remember when Guiseley played at Telford a couple of years ago they were only given a tiny allocation of tickets. I suppose it would depend on who we were to play against if we got there really. I think that we could just open the away end for Guiseley/Brackley but if we were to play Halifax then we may have to give them a small section of the Pop Side as well, due to the number of fans they would bring.

EDIT: http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/afc-telford-united/2011/05/09/sinton-afc-telford-have-achieved-nothing-yet/

"Guiseley took just 102 fans to Boston for their second leg and Carter today confirmed that they would receive an allocation of around 250 to 300 for the final - which will NOT be all-ticket for either set of supporters."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 01:32:52 PM by Warren Peyton'sEpicTattoo »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Play-off place confirmed!