PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Query about FA Affiliation
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Query about FA Affiliation  (Read 6454 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 17, 2012, 07:31:32 PM »

I note that Stockport County are playing Bury tonight in the Manchester Senior cup, they are in a group with Bolton,Bury and Manchester United.And whilst we bemoan senior cup fixtures a game against united reserves would make a welcome boost to the coffers and the opposition in this cup would be far more entertaining than some of the CSC opponents, anyway back to my question. How do Stockport qualify for both the MSC and the CSC, and if we could play in both is it something we would be interested in? A minimum 3 games, and a decent shout of playing good quality reserve team players from the local bigger clubs.

taxi Phil

Re: Query about FA Affiliation
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:14:34 PM »

Would help us to give more regular run outs to fringe players and promising youngsters, so not a bad shout.

I remember Vics used to play in the Staffordshire Senior Cup as well as Cheshire.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »

AFC Wimbledon play in both the Surrey Senior Cup and the London Senior Cup or they certainly did prior to promotion to L2.

Never quite got Vics involvement in the Staffs version, assume it was due to making the numbers work for the draw sequence. Dunno.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:27:44 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 08:54:45 PM »

Telford Dave informs me that AFC Telford play their Senior Cup  fixtures as a pre-season competition.

Why can't we do that, gives the pre-season a bit more punch, encourage early season ticket purchases and we could start the season with Silverware
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 09:31:10 PM »

Would help us to give more regular run outs to fringe players and promising youngsters, so not a bad shout.

I remember Vics used to play in the Staffordshire Senior Cup as well as Cheshire.

Vics have also played in the Welsh Cup.

roytonmike

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 09:50:22 PM »

Telford Dave informs me that AFC Telford play their Senior Cup  fixtures as a pre-season competition.
Why can't we do that, gives the pre-season a bit more punch, encourage early season ticket purchases and we could start the season with Silverware
Shropshire Senior Cup entries normally around six clubs - Cheshire Senior Cup entries nearer 26. Too many for a pre-season comp, which would rely on having no more than three rounds (qualifier, semi, final) and cup-ties cannot be included in season tickets. In addition, I feel it in my bones that the Cheshire FA wouldn't consider limiting the entry. As for entering the Manchester Senior Cup, I imagine this would require membership of the Manchester FA; at a guess the likes of Hyde are dual members (they've certainly played Manchester Senior Cup in recent years) and presumably pay dues to both associations.   

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »

I can hear the chants from Droylsden's 6 fans now "You've been once, twice, three times to Wembley. But we've won the Manchester cup."

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »

As Socrates says, the CSC is often complained about, but playing the reserves of major sides is something that could bring the club serious money. Maybe it's a step too far, but would it be worth considering affiliating with the Manchester FA and completely leaving the Cheshire FA? Assuming that's possible.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:35 PM »

As Socrates says, the CSC is often complained about, but playing the reserves of major sides is something that could bring the club serious money. Maybe it's a step too far, but would it be worth considering affiliating with the Manchester FA and completely leaving the Cheshire FA? Assuming that's possible.

It isn't so far as I'm aware and, for my money nor should it be countenanced

Some folk on here moan like chuff about the Cheshire FA but, believe me, compared to some County FA's Cheshire is really quite good. If you think Cheshire's "red tape" can bugger up your Club, just try being a Manchester FA Club which is not, for want of a better word, professional (so not Man Utd, City, Stockport, Oldham, Bury, Rochdale etc)

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 04:54:13 PM »

You might be making a very good point phil but could you please explain it
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:01:47 PM by Jimmy »

JDN

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 10:30:58 PM »

You might be making a very good point phil but could you please explain it
you play in the senior cup of the county your affiliated to
It is technically possible to be affiliated to 2 county FAs but this is not the norm

I here the CSC so moaned about these days why would you want another county cup?

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »

Very good point jdn but you quoate my post and it has nothing to do with what I said
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:41:17 PM by Jimmy »

temp alty

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »

The "One Team in Cheshire" chant would become redundant if we left the Cheshire FA, we can't have that.

temp alty

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 10:43:24 PM »

Very good point jdn but you quoate my post and it has nothing to do with what I said

You sound suprised.

JDN

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 10:46:54 PM »

we are Cheshire jimmy
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team