News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tamworth v FGR is the live game...

Author Topic: Tamworth v FGR is the live game...  (Read 3176 times)

markecky

« on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:43 PM »

We can get even faster score updates now from the bar  ;D

ArmchairAlty

Re: Tamworth v FGR is the live game...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »

Yikes, I'm gonna need a go-go gadget neck going between the action on the pitch, my phone and the bar...

robins1978

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:21:34 PM »

not surprised this is the live game. probably better for us as we tend not to do so well in front of tv cameras in these win or bust games. just hope its not a case of losing out due to goal difference, can see this being a draw - hope im wrong

Steve-o

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:59:01 PM »

Can see this being a draw? I can see this being either a draw or a win for one of either fgr or tamworth, come on time to be positive!!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »

Tamworth have to go for the win

Nonleaguer

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »

I believe they have been granted an emergency loan keeper from Derby County FC. Reasons, the youth team player was poor and picked up a mystery injury and also the acting manager (a goalkeeper) is "injured" or not currently fit enough allegedly ma lord!

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:13 PM »

they can be on the box if they want - so long as kick off time is the same as ours.

roytonmike

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:16 AM »

I believe they have been granted an emergency loan keeper from Derby County FC. Reasons, the youth team player was poor and picked up a mystery injury and also the acting manager (a goalkeeper) is "injured" or not currently fit enough allegedly ma lord!
If this is true it's scandalous. Had they lost their available goalkeepers through injury an emergency loan arrangement would be defensible but as I understand it both keepers are suspended. The authorities concerned clearly have backbones of jelly.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 07:39:35 AM »

If this is true it's scandalous. Had they lost their available goalkeepers through injury an emergency loan arrangement would be defensible but as I understand it both keepers are suspended. The authorities concerned clearly have backbones of jelly.

It worth watching this just to see how poor he was...and the shambles at the end when there manager goes in nets in an old keeper shirt with no gloves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62o1mRLCpck

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

It worth watching this just to see how poor he was...and the shambles at the end when there manager goes in nets in an old keeper shirt with no gloves.

There appears to be a modicum of disarray at Tamworth :o

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »

"The keepers awful, he's just awful!"

I dont really like these commentators, but that made me giggle.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 03:16:07 PM »

Marvellous entertainment there.

What an utter farce!

I'm sorry...but there is definitely something suspicious about that youth team keeper's opportune 'injury' near the end.

Mister Peake must be investigating this one...
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

EX GK

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »

I bet his GK Glove sponsor aint happy!!!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team