PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Local Guy Does Well
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Local Guy Does Well  (Read 6294 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Local Guy Does Well
« on: January 12, 2010, 05:14:35 PM »

Maybe not the right bit of the forum to put this on but I'm sure an admin will move it if necessary

Anthony Taylor, whom many of you will have seen Refereeing our pre season fixtures over the past few years has been appointed to Referee his first Barclays Premiership fixture this coming Saturday.

Anthony is the first Altrincham Referee to officiate in the Prem and deserves all our congratulations.

He started off in local Junior Football and has progressed by dint of hard work and support. However for those who have known him for a while will testify he's still a really nice guy.

Getting a local Ref to this level will hopefully encourage others to take up the whistle.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Local Guy Does Well
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »

Didn't he used to be an Alty fan when he was younger? I'm sure I remember seeing him at games.

His sister was in my class at Hayes Lane too.
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 05:40:28 PM »

Great stuff. Let's hope he does well.

joe

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »

Didn't he used to be an Alty fan when he was younger? I'm sure I remember seeing him at games.

His sister was in my class at Hayes Lane too.

Yes,he used to come to Moss Lane quite regularly when he was younger. He's a mate of Ballers.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:54:22 PM »

Good luck to Anthony.

Is there any medium whereby we can send him our good luck?

Meanwhile...Hayes Lane...that's a long time ago for me. Great school.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Come on Alty!

markecky

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 09:36:03 PM »

Indeed, I've seen Tez at Moss Lane quite a few times with Ballers.

Well done to him.

Always admire people who have an ambition and make it to the top.

Therefore, despite my fiersome reputation, this post can stay in the main forum.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 11:46:55 PM »

Paulo Sousa wasn't impressed by him:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2009/12/29/swansea-city-boss-paulo-sousa-slams-lack-of-respect-91466-25483412/

:D

Whether this related to a friend of mine or not, whether this related to a Referee or not I'm afraid that Mr Sousa just makes himself look a pillock by this.

As Ecky says the guy done well, is it too much to acknowledge that somebody has achieved by hard work and no small amount of talent? or do we have to start looking for ways to, directly or otherwise, belittle him??

Narcissist

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 08:59:43 AM »

I hate to say this but not having had to hate a ref for five weeks due no alty match dampens my spirit a bit. And im reminded that being a ref is a thankless task at many times and an essential job. All refs deserve a bit of praise, and one from alty who is a moss lane man deserves to send off as many prima donnas as he feels fit to!

Good luck to him and all other refs!

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 10:23:17 AM »

Phil,is this a first at this level,I can remember a couple of local lads
who ran the line in the old first division,I ask,just out of interest as
I think it's good for local football.

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »

Paulo Sousa wasn't impressed by him:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/swansea-city-fc/2009/12/29/swansea-city-boss-paulo-sousa-slams-lack-of-respect-91466-25483412/

:D

Whether this related to a friend of mine or not, whether this related to a Referee or not I'm afraid that Mr Sousa just makes himself look a pillock by this.

As Ecky says the guy done well, is it too much to acknowledge that somebody has achieved by hard work and no small amount of talent? or do we have to start looking for ways to, directly or otherwise, belittle him??

FFS  ::)

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 12:30:49 PM »

Well that report kindly posted by 1981 shows that Mr Taylor seems to be destined for a fantastic career of controversy, having his parenthood bought into question and inevitably a self righteous belief in his infallibility.

But.....

He's a local lad who has got to the top and for that he must be warmly congratulated and recognition given that this is a terrific achievement.

But lets not have a go directly or otherwise at someone for posting further interesting info on the subject.

Jezza

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »

I'll add that alty 1981 is not related to me....a scandalous suggestion that was disgracefully never made.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 12:33:50 PM »

Phil,is this a first at this level,I can remember a couple of local lads
who ran the line in the old first division,I ask,just out of interest as
I think it's good for local football.

DAB - I have received this from one of our former top level assistants, John Everton

That must be Dennis Phillips, George Sant, yours truly, Eddie Tarry, and before us Wyn Brown, John Biggar and Duncan Bayley (Unibond League Secretary). Sure to have missed someone. I had six seasons on the (now) Conference middle: 1985-91.

Ant is the first local top flight referee since Roy Egan (Lymm).

In addition Altrincham has three National List Assistants at present in Peter Davies, Rick Bartlett and Paul Norris with some up and coming officials as well who may with a bit of luck and a lot of hard work also make the national list(s)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 12:56:24 PM »

Well done and good luck to him..............He is at the ground a lot and in the bar after games talking to the match officials. To get to the top is a major achievement and the fact he is from Alty / Timperley can only be good news for football in the town
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Local Guy Does Well