PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 REFFING HELL
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: REFFING HELL  (Read 6281 times)

T.C

REFFING HELL
« on: February 28, 2015, 06:12:16 PM »

spoiled the game with-in 5 mins, then continued with his useless performance

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
Re: REFFING HELL
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:15:23 PM »

Can't believe that Ngala didn't get a 2nd yellow for the pen. Unbelievable.

andrewflynn

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 06:29:35 PM »

I'm still quite shocked with that. I always thought committing a foul in the box to give away a penalty was a mandatory booking, at least? The referee had words with him on two occasions in between his first booking and that incident, which makes it even worse. We gave them a right good go with ten men, so with an even playing field I really do think we'd have got something today. The way we flew out in the second half, a man down, and had them with their cheeks clenched says it all.

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 06:34:07 PM »

No point whatsoever berating the referee - it was clear to everyone (including both sets of players) that he should be spending his Saturday afternoons doing something else. What I would like to say is a big thank you to the 10 lads who fought like Trojans today against terrible odds. As has been mentioned, Jake and Si were bloody awesome and Scott slotted in next to my motm Luca as if he had never been away. Kyle dealt with some criminal 'defending' from their number 5 & well done to Barnet for having the good grace to do what the referee should have done on at least two occasions and take him off. Can't fault any of our lads today at all, they gave it their all and that is all I ask for.
May I be the first to congratulate Bristol Rovers on their title win.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 07:03:56 PM »

We played very well , considering it was 10 v 12 , we have played 4 of the top teams in last games , got 1 point , but deserved possibly 5, we now have a fighting spirit , carry on like this and we will be a team to be reckoned with in the future , very proud of them .

Jimmy

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:11:26 PM »

spoiled the game with-in 5 mins, then continued with his useless performance

The ref was poor but I wouldev been surprised if masha stayed on

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 08:23:24 PM »

I'm still quite shocked with that. I always thought committing a foul in the box to give away a penalty was a mandatory booking, at least? The referee had words with him on two occasions in between his first booking and that incident, which makes it even worse. We gave them a right good go with ten men, so with an even playing field I really do think we'd have got something today. The way we flew out in the second half, a man down, and had them with their cheeks clenched says it all.

In no way am I defending the indefensible - please see my other thread for more details of me perception of Mr Coy today but a foul to concede a penalty is not a mandatory caution. Ngala however committed sufficient transgressions to earn an early departure for persistent misconduct.

Re Tom Marshall, once the Referee had decided it was a penalty then because of the circumstances that was a Mandatory Red for DOGSO

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 09:10:55 PM »

I know he's got a funny curly haircut like a spaniel or something but it's not nice to call Tom Marshall DOGSO.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 09:12:09 PM »

In no way am I defending the indefensible - please see my other thread for more details of me perception of Mr Coy today but a foul to concede a penalty is not a mandatory caution. Ngala however committed sufficient transgressions to earn an early departure for persistent misconduct.

Re Tom Marshall, once the Referee had decided it was a penalty then because of the circumstances that was a Mandatory Red for DOGSO
very good post phil .. The ref was totally inconsistent
ParkINson's red and white army

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 09:16:59 PM »

It is a yellow card if it is  a 'careless' offence anywhere on the field of play.
It is a red card if it is a reckless offence anywhere on the field of play.
A red card can also be shown if it is deemed that a goal scoring opportunity is illegally prevented - eg last defender or keeper handles outside his area.
If it is a foul that is deemed neither careless or reckless (eg accident) the no card is appropriate.

taxi Phil

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 09:32:07 PM »

I would sooner wipe my arse with sandpaper for the rest of the season than have to watch the disgraceful display served up by Barnet, with the connivance of the officials, ever again.

And a further point....we STILL aren't cute enough. The quick free kick we took was a step in the right direction. But if WE'D been about to take a free kick fully ten yards out of position, you can bet an opposing player would have stepped up to stop it. Thus they scored the third goal.

And I can't stand the ignominy of the same player scoring against us for three different clubs in the same bloody season  >:(
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:43:55 PM by Romeo 48 »

brian1925

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 09:54:25 PM »

Great point about us not being cute enough Romeo. They stole at least 10 yards for the free kick which led to their third goal. Shaun got a free kick not long later, while one of their players was down 'injured' and while the referee was preoccupied with that Shaun could easily have brought the ball further towards their penalty area - but stood rooted to the spot! A few times during the game, I felt we should have fought fire with fire, since the referee had cleary decided that he wasn't going to send another player off, so we had nothing to lose. Never mind, you live and learn and after today I'm pretty sure we'll meet Barnet again next season.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 10:04:48 PM »

Agree with all of the above. Their 'professional' approach was tedious to watch, with persistent shirt holding and pulling - you could see it every time the ball came forward with their #5 on Perry especially. The #8 also appeared to commit enough fouls to warrant at least 3 yellows too. After Marshall went off, the result was inevitable and it was a matter of damage limitation, which we managed credibly. Glad I don't have to watch that lot every week though- what a dispiriting footballing experience it must be (results aside).
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Bath Alty

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 10:10:55 PM »

I thought we were getting better at this last week at Bristol.  The ref clearly wasn't going to give a freekick for any amount of shirt holding, arms round the forward from defenders dealing with forwards.  Kyle was getting nothing and so Tom and Luca defended in the same fashion.  It drove the Rovers fans mad but their guys were doing the same thing at the far end of the pitch from them in the first half.  We saw what was going on and learned from it.

I didn't agree with the ref's interpretation of the laws but at least he was consistent and for a change we adapted our style of play accordingly.

1874 Northwich fan

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2015, 12:59:20 AM »

If you think that was bad should seen ref at our game at Runcorn Linnetts today just wondering how the referees have been in general in conference this season shocking at NWCFL level.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 REFFING HELL