PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst result in the clubs history
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Worst result in the clubs history  (Read 6305 times)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Worst result in the clubs history
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 07:38:36 AM »

None of the teams you mentioned had the potential to take a couple generations of nonleague football supporters off us mate, the smiley families getting off at sale brooklands timperley and navi road in their Fcum merchandise  do..... Worst result in our history the power shift is beginning

the damage was done the day FCUM were born. We cannot compete with them for manpower, influence and media coverage. I very much doubt yesterdays result will have any direct bearing. Those who choose FCUM in future would have done even if we'd won.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 10:12:25 AM »

None of the teams you mentioned had the potential to take a couple generations of nonleague football supporters off us mate, the smiley families getting off at sale brooklands timperley and navi road in their Fcum merchandise  do..... Worst result in our history the power shift is beginning

the damage was done the day FCUM were born. We cannot compete with them for manpower, influence and media coverage. I very much doubt yesterdays result will have any direct bearing. Those who choose FCUM in future would have done even if we'd won.

Totally agree, but theres nothing we can do about it.
In fairness, the FCUM fans in the Alty area probably come from Man U, not Alty FC.

jh74

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 01:25:23 PM »

Funnily enough, FCUM is the reason I started going to watch Alty.

I have always been a United fan, although I don't go to OT very often these days due to family commitments and the crazy cost of going there. A work colleague of mine has been involved in the running of FCUM right from the start and he suggested I should start going to watch them. I thought, balls to that, if I want to watch non-league football, I will support my local team - Alty, which is exactly what I did. I now far prefer a trip to Moss Lane than to OT.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 01:31:49 PM »

I have always been a United fan, although I don't go to OT very often these days due to family commitments and the crazy cost of going there. A work colleague of mine has been involved in the running of FCUM right from the start and he suggested I should start going to watch them. I thought, balls to that, if I want to watch non-league football, I will support my local team - Alty, which is exactly what I did. I now far prefer a trip to Moss Lane than to OT.

That really shouldn't cheer me up as much as it has but...

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »

I do think the choice for the youngsters of today in the greater Altrincham area is (as it always has been) United, City or Alty.

In the same way we have always had a much bigger Stockport County on our doorsteps but you dont see that many Hatters in our neck of the woods...

So I don't think FCUM will nick that many of our potential fans...

Robin Reliant

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »

That sentiment should apply to many more ....
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst result in the clubs history