PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst result in the clubs history
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Worst result in the clubs history  (Read 6304 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 27, 2011, 05:32:06 PM »

How Many more times are the large number of loyal supporters supposed to dust themselves down and start again? Today we reached a new low, the most embarrassing result in 108 years, the ramifications of which might last a couple of generations.Struggling to see how we pick ourselves up from this.This team have been nothing short of a disgrace, write this season off and take the stalybridge model and rebuild for a couple of seasons or forget it
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:39:51 PM by Market Dave »

joe

Re: Worst result in the clubs history
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 06:01:51 PM »

How Many more times are the large number of loyal supporters supposed to dust themselves down and start again? Today we reached a new low, the most embarrassing result in 108 years, the ramifications of which might last a couple of generations.Struggling to see how we pick ourselves up from this.This team have been nothing short of a disgrace, write this season off and take the stalybridge model and rebuild for a couple of seasons or forget it

I wouldn't go that far! It's a bad result but we've had worse. Mossley at home springs to mind.

The Teasing Squad

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 06:04:53 PM »

Oh shut up

welman way

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »

No more than 200 disapointed loyal fans!!!!!!

mikealty

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »

No more than 200 disapointed loyal fans!!!!!!
The atmosphere made it feel like 400.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 07:29:41 PM »

It's not even the worst FA trophy result in our history

Pwhelli & District, north Ferriby United, Accrington Stanley, Blyth Spartans, Cheltenham Town, Colne Dynamoes (probably the nearest parallel), winsford united, Guiseley,...

It only just makes it into the top 10 of worst Trophy results of all time.  And the competition has only been going since 1969

Keep a sense of perspective

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 07:41:38 PM »

None of the teams you mentioned had the potential to take a couple generations of nonleague football supporters off us mate, the smiley families getting off at sale brooklands timperley and navi road in their Fcum merchandise  do..... Worst result in our history the power shift is beginning

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 10:56:18 PM »

No apology for reposting this which I have put on another thread and which I would happily repost on every other thread relating to our recent form, manager etc

Today we lost a football match

Somewhere in the area of Chester two young boys lost their father,  a woman lost her husband and an elderly couple lost their son.

A disastrous (football) result for us but a totally mind numbing catastrophe for those people, most of whom will probably spend the rest of their lives wondering what they could have done to prevent what happened and all of whom will be affected by it for the rest of their lives - I know, a very good friend of mine committed suicide 26 years ago and I still think I could have done more to prevent it.

A bit of perspective please

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 11:04:38 PM »

None of the teams you mentioned had the potential to take a couple generations of nonleague football supporters off us mate, the smiley families getting off at sale brooklands timperley and navi road in their Fcum merchandise  do..... Worst result in our history the power shift is beginning

There's nothing we can do about the rise of FCUM unfortunately. And I have to say that I thought they played very well today, the atmosphere was good and, unlike us, they're clearly a club on the up.
But for me, their very existence is fundamentally unfair to the non-league clubs of Greater Manchester and I dearly wish they'd never been allowed to form. I've spent my entire life as an Alty fan supporting a club living in the shadow of Man Utd. And it's bad enough to have Dr Evil shafting you without Mini-Me joining in as well now.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 11:30:43 PM »

No apology for reposting this which I have put on another thread and which I would happily repost on every other thread relating to our recent form, manager etc

Somewhere in the area of Chester two young boys lost their father,  a woman lost her husband and an elderly couple lost their son.

A disastrous (football) result for us but a totally mind numbing catastrophe for those people, most of whom will probably spend the rest of their lives wondering what they could have done to prevent what happened and all of whom will be affected by it for the rest of their lives - I know, a very good friend of mine committed suicide 26 years ago and I still think I could have done more to prevent it.

Pointless Phil.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 11:36:11 PM »

Pointless Phil.

See my post on the other thread Gareth...I don't have the patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 11:52:46 PM »

??? What planet are you on?

Hamilton

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 12:22:50 AM »

Well said ATS. I have the same feelings about my mum's suicide.

Sunday's result was abysmal as other reults have been, but we live to see another game, Alty live to play again.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2011, 01:26:39 AM »

I too have had a dad who committed suicide its not good and gary speeds death puts the defeat in to persperctive

bighairedmike

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 01:58:18 AM »

Depression is a horrible thing Phil. A quarter of my life has been spent battling it. Its awful. Life is made up of battling decisions, and unfortunately today we are seeing the consequences of a man that couldn't keep on fighting it. It's horrendous, yes, but no sense of perspective is needed. The number of Alty fans saluting Gary Speeds life 15 minutes after his death was announced is testament to that.

The match today was no life or death situation, the fact that we lost makes people upset, fair enough. In my opinion todays game and peoples reactions have nothing to with Mr Speed, and anyone that thinks it does is, quite frankly, chatting out of their arse.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team