Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What do we do about the frankly sh*te standard of reffing?

Poll

What do we do about the frankly shite standard of reffing?

carry on as we are...it's fun to have something to debate
carry on as we are...without refs there is no game
carry on as we are and support the refs otherwise they'll sulk and we wont have a game
Use technology to get every decision right and a just outcome every game.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do we do about the frankly sh*te standard of reffing?  (Read 7996 times)

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: What do we do about the frankly sh*te standard of reffing?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »

The ref  wasn't good yesterday but that wasn't the reason we lost. Some of the things you hear from some of our fans are unbelievable at times. The one that springs to mind yesterday was Moults booking, definitely the right decision by the ref but plenty of one eyed idiots claimed it wasn't even a foul but I'm sure if it had been the other way round then the same nobs would have been calling for a red.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »

I think you just have to get on with it. I genuinely believe all this evens itself out over a season.

It made me smile yesterday when the penalty was given. The home fans in the corner by the away end were screaming with absolute conviction of the travesty of the decision, when they were stood 80 yards away!

markecky

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 08:48:23 PM »

I think you just have to get on with it. I genuinely believe all this evens itself out over a season.

It made me smile yesterday when the penalty was given. The home fans in the corner by the away end were screaming with absolute conviction of the travesty of the decision, when they were stood 80 yards away!

These comments are getting worse.  I was screaming from that corner and I could see clearly what I saw on the Alty TV video, that the ball was taken from the side.  Doesn't that make it worse that we could see if from there and the ref couldn't?

You smiled when the penalty was given? Really?

eightiesrobin

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, 09:06:34 PM »

That came out wrong, I didn't smile about conceding the penalty. It made me smile that the crowd could claim to see what was going on 80 yards away, with all the visual obstacles, such as other spectators and the pillars of the stand itself. I know I certainly couldn't see it, and I was in that corner.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 07:09:04 AM »

That came out wrong, I didn't smile about conceding the penalty. It made me smile that the crowd could claim to see what was going on 80 yards away, with all the visual obstacles, such as other spectators and the pillars of the stand itself. I know I certainly couldn't see it, and I was in that corner.

The only obstacle in my view was thin air! I know what I saw at the time and that's now plainly obvious with the video replay.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 11:29:27 AM »

The ref  wasn't good yesterday but that wasn't the reason we lost. Some of the things you hear from some of our fans are unbelievable at times. The one that springs to mind yesterday was Moults booking, definitely the right decision by the ref but plenty of one eyed idiots claimed it wasn't even a foul but I'm sure if it had been the other way round then the same nobs would have been calling for a red.
Sorry, but I have to disagree there.
If Leek hadn't have been awarded that ridiculous penalty no way would they have scored. Also our 'goal' in the first half could well have been given. No doubt we were robbed.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 01:39:07 PM »

Referees are like coppers. There are good ones and bad ones. I don't think you ever going to eradicate mistakes, even with the use of technology. The mistakes tend to even out over the season plus there is a saying is that you make your own luck.
They really should be beating teams like us

bumble

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 01:43:58 PM »

We could just try and put the games beyond doubt before bad decisions are made. I know thats difficult with early decisions like Simons red card - But even with the disallowed goal, we still had about 30 minutes to score prior to the pen, and another 23 minutes after the pen to score and make a chance.

If we'd have gone down easily in the box we could have won a pen etc..

But poor refs.. boo.

York Alty

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2013, 04:42:23 PM »

Grit your collective teeth, because it's highly unlikely that we're going to see any improvement in the foreseeable future.

Romeo 48 has it right.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2013, 06:14:09 PM »

I didn't attend the game but a few people I spoke to who were there, plus the Radio Robins commentary team, all expressed a view that the referee in the first Colwyn Bay FA Trophy tie was rather generous to us, particularly in relation to not sending off Simon Richman in the first half.

Whilst this doesn't entirely compensate for that buffoon against Leek Town, it does at least illustrate that things do actually go in our favour sometimes.

By contrast, I thought that the referee for the second Colwyn Bay FA Trophy match was first-rate.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 What do we do about the frankly sh*te standard of reffing?