News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 bit strange and a big blow for them

Author Topic: bit strange and a big blow for them  (Read 2072 times)

chris888

« on: April 13, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »

find this rather cruel in all honesty, your views?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13066577.stm

Nonleaguer

Re: bit strange and a big blow for them
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 07:15:24 PM »

Given that Eastwood beat leaders Alfreton last night which moved them into the play off positions I imagine the club from Owner, management, players and fans are absolutely gutted. Rob Yong the owner is a really decent bloke who has ploughed a significant amount of his cash into the ground infrastructure and team, hopefully through the appeals process if Eastwood end up in the play offs at the end of the season they are given a fair crack of the  whip to fight for the right to be promoted. Conference timing once again is impeccable,

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:16:31 PM »

why dont they actually tell teams in each league before they start the season,' look if your ground is'nt ready by such and such a date, u will not be eligable for the play-offs/promotion', IS THAT SUCH A DIFFICULT STATEMENT TO MAKE???

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:01 PM »

The critical line in that was an interpretation of the rules....which usually are quite clear.

I'm assuming that the work carried out 'last season' just missed a deadline or was not inspected.

As far as I remember each club has to apply to be eligible for promotion and maybe Eastwood didn't and now suddenly find themselves in a play off spot...so it may be thier timing not the conference that is badly judged.

Reagrdless, I do think in exceptional circumstances the conference should do all it can to allow progresssion of clubs, it sounds like the ground is ready but some formality has not been followed.....but the club should not be penalised a place that they have earned on merit.

Surely the ground is obviously capable of staging the play off game...they may not win the play offs and if they do then there is plenty of time between now and the start of next season to agree a deadline of any dotting of is etc

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:43:25 PM »

Don't always assume the Conf are wrong everytime !

Cast your mind back 12 months ago and both Salisbury and Vics were telling everybody how they had complied with 'all' the rules and there was nothing to worry about.......only to find they had not complied and were duly thrown out.

I don't know the slightest thing about the situation at Eastwood, but what if we were to finish in sixth place having spent a substantial amount of club funds on ground improvements over the Summer and another club had spent it on players, with a view to only spending money on ground improvements, if and when they achieve promotion
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team