PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Solihull Moors match thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Solihull Moors match thread  (Read 10770 times)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« on: October 24, 2021, 08:49:26 PM »

This will be quite a test. After getting thrashed at Dagenham, they've righted the ship to such an extent that they've run up five consecutive clean sheets. However, they've also only managed to score five goals, so BT Sport customers are unlikely to be in for a goalfest.

Theoretically, it's got goalless draw stamped all over it.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors match thread
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 09:07:23 PM »

I'll be more than happy if we keep a clean sheet.
Anything more is an absolute bonus.
Is that the glass-half-empty part of me talking?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 10:47:23 PM »

Should be a great crowd

I’ve got 3 extra coming

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 09:17:24 AM »

We seem to have a lot of players out injured again.

Having Mooney and Colclough available is vital to us. Peers and Dinanga are insufficient unfortunately.

Continuing with no left back in this league is also hazardous. Is there any news regarding Fitzpatrick or Hampson?

I fear the worst for this one, unless we have some players back; Solihull are a very good team.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 10:10:09 AM »

The £5k+ we'll get for a home game should go into recruiting a winger for a month.

We simply can't start Peers AND Dinanga; either or.
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 10:19:25 AM »

Colclough should be ready to start I'm guessing?

Kosylo out to the right and one of Dinanga/Peers in that case.

Any ideas how long out we're talking for Dan Mooney?  Just when I thought he'd put his injuries behind him too, so frustrating.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 11:42:04 AM »

Colclough should be ready to start I'm guessing?

Kosylo out to the right and one of Dinanga/Peers in that case.

Any ideas how long out we're talking for Dan Mooney?  Just when I thought he'd put his injuries behind him too, so frustrating.
I think Dan will be at least 2 weeks based upon how he was struggling at the end of Southport game. Quite rightly we keep our injuries and recoveries closer to our chest these days, were just priming the opposition with free info otherwise. Maybe we will delve into the loan market if there is a suitable player out there.

I think Dinanga is still settling in, he's lacking a bit of confidence as well. Playing on your own up front for Alty is a proper task, in recent years as we know only Jordan fitted the bill. He's certainly under pressure to produce and so he should be. Parky maybe looking for a suitable loanee for all i know.

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2021, 11:59:44 AM »

Solihull appear to be a very well organised and tough side. Their games look close but it suggests we won't be afforded many opportunities tomorrow night so we need to take our chances.

Joe Sbarra has been getting a lot of attention and I'm interested to watch him play.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2021, 12:14:10 PM »

Realistically, I fear the worst tomorrow.
I sincerely hope I'm utterly wrong!
This is an excellent opportunity to attract floating fans and I really hope we can put together a good performance.
Woking away on Saturday is looming too. It's relentless at this time of the season and we quite rightly are aiming to pick up points when we can which will stand us in good stead later on.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2021, 06:10:07 PM »

As with most games in this league its going to be tough.

Hampson being available would be a major boost but Mooney or Colclough starting is my wish. Without both starting we're hamstrung.

Is Leitch-Smith injured?
Full time and proud of it

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2021, 07:17:17 PM »

We really need Colclough starting. Reading mixed updates about Mooney, is he injured or fatigued ? If fatigued then surely he will be fine for tomorrow after missing Sat.
With everyone fit I would like to see Hanks up top with Kossy number 10 and Colclough and Mooney out wide.
If any of the four are missing then I would start Peers up top.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2021, 07:31:08 PM »

Hampson being available would be a major boost but Mooney or Colclough starting is my wish. Without both starting we're hamstrung.

Is Leitch-Smith injured?

It was mentioned on Radio Robins during the Eastleigh game that Leitch-Smith had contrived to pick up another injury.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 07:50:29 PM »

Is Leitch-Smith injured?

It was mentioned on Radio Robins during the Eastleigh game that Leitch-Smith had contrived to pick up another injury.

I remember someone on the Conference forum, I think it was a Morecambe fan, expressing the opinion that leitch smith was a good player but made of biscuits. I know what he meant now.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2021, 12:58:53 PM »

This will be quite a test. After getting thrashed at Dagenham, they've righted the ship to such an extent that they've run up five consecutive clean sheets. However, they've also only managed to score five goals, so BT Sport customers are unlikely to be in for a goalfest.

John Laidlar's thread points out that the thrashing at Dagenham was their only game against a club in the promotion race until their 1-0 win over Halifax. Otherwise they've been more or less shooting fish in a barrel. I think we could and should win tonight.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2021, 01:50:11 PM »

John Laidlar's thread points out that the thrashing at Dagenham was their only game against a club in the promotion race until their 1-0 win over Halifax. Otherwise they've been more or less shooting fish in a barrel. I think we could and should win tonight.

Oh crikey, there we go again...  :-[

Being impartial and entirely objective, I think the 19/12 on offer for Solihull tonight at the bookies would be quite attractive, given a combination of their solid form and our poor showing last time out.

Most of our results so far have tended to stay quite close to their equivalent last season, with the outcomes at Yeovil and Eastleigh swapping over. I thought that was quite an interesting quirk worth pointing out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team