News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Commitment - pffff

Author Topic: Commitment - pffff  (Read 1779 times)

Jenga

Commitment - pffff
« on: January 10, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »

Be you thought I was going to slag everyone off again.

Well actually no I am not. Since the new players arrived on New years Day I have seen Alty play 3 times (Slime, Stevenage, Kiddy).

I didnt see them at Oxford unfortunately as I was scared of getting my head in kicked in by the friendly locals !!!

I have seen a vast improvement in commitment, in temprament and in attitude. This was highlighted by both goals against Kiddy.

I am still creaming over the challenge that Robbie put in on the byline and by the run and cross he put in for Cahill.

The second goal was taken in a flash, great thinking by Colin, amazing awareness by Cahill (i think it was him maybe Toulson) and what the hell but Warren was near the six yard box supporting the fast play - unbelievable.

If we show commitment like that for the rest of the season we will be fine, what is shows is that if you play to your potential we can win games.

Well done team.

RocketDan

Re: Commitment - pffff
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 01:51:59 PM »

Well actually no I am not. Since the new players arrived on New years Day I have seen Alty play 3 times (Slime, Stevenage, Kiddy).

I didnt see them at Oxford unfortunately as I was scared of getting my head in kicked in by the friendly locals !!!

errr.. they didnt play agains stevenage. that was before new year, either way i dont think that would be a good example to illustrate your point.

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 02:48:22 PM »

errr.. they didnt play agains stevenage. that was before new year, either way i dont think that would be a good example to illustrate your point.

Oh stop being picky, who cares this week last week before they came after they came. pppfff lol

I revise my statement to 2 games then. SMART ARSE !!!   hehehehe

starjammer

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 06:47:32 PM »

If we show commitment like that for the rest of the season we will be fine, what is shows is that if you play to your potential we can win games.

Well done team.

Good post!
The first half of this season has been total frustration for me as I don't think we've played to our potential by a long way. Our team play has been nothing short of clueless.
Against Kidderminster there were 2 instances of us doing something we've failed to do all season 1. get bodies in the box when we're attacking and 2. movement off the ball when we're attacking.
both instances resulted in goals.

Why it's taken us this long to realise that midfielders supporting the attack by getting in the box or at least moving towards it is beyond me, but maybe we're starting to learn.

I thought with some of our play second half we were unrecognizable as the team I've watched for the first half of the season.

Let's hope we're turning a corner
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!  :)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 07:58:16 PM »

I am still creaming over the challenge that Robbie put in on the byline and by the run and cross he put in for Cahill.

Better go and mop young Robert up then as it was James Jennings who put in a crunching tackle and whipped over a devillish cross for Tom Cahills's equaliser.

Butty

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »

i remmeber thinking that either a)their guy will get hurt or b)he will pull out and the ball will end up in barney's deep fat fryer
fortunatley it was a mix with the lucky bounce we have needed all season
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Commitment - pffff