News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New players

Author Topic: New players  (Read 1915 times)

Altysmiffy

New players
« on: February 11, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »

Undoubtedly, there are 1 or 2 positions we could improve on, but players do not want to come to a club that does not pay silly money at this level of football.

Two solutions:
1) A loan or 2 (we still have a few of our seasonal allowance in the bag), where we can get the loaner to pay all or some of the wages (maybe for a player coming back from injury),
2) Use a reserve or 2: apart from McFadds, are there any reserves who can step into the breach (GH said he has an eye on 1 or 2)

Then there is option 3: Danny Adams: it will be a significant pay drop.

Remember, very few have a better knowledge of this level of football than GH and Dalton.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New players
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 01:30:35 PM »

overheard on the terraces yesterday that danny adams was aboutto sign for morecambe and will be on a decent wage there.of course i dont know how true it is.

galtyalty

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 04:40:44 PM »

Keith Wedge

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 06:25:18 PM »

I think you have summed up the problems we have.

How many clubs would be happy to loan out a player AND pay the majority of his wages ?

I get baffled when people talk about positions needing to be improved as though the management would not welcome additions. Do people really think that GH and DS would not welcome in better standards of players ? or that they haven't been trying their damn hardest to improve without killing the club ?

If we had money in the bank or were an attractive club to come to for a player then yes I would be asking these questions but simple fact is that we have no money and we are one of  the smallest clubs in the league. I would even go as far as to say that teams who were in the top 5 of the leagues below us (South and North) would be more attractive to a player than we are.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New players