PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another reason we've got to get up this year
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Another reason we've got to get up this year  (Read 7310 times)

Jezza

Re: Another reason we've got to get up this year
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 12:25:40 PM »

there really is something wrong with football....all the money sloshing around at the top gets wasted on ludicrous players wages which bounces down to our level with ridiculous wage demands from mediocre players at conf level....if all the chairmen in the world held a summit and agreed on some sort of reasonable wage cap and a reasonable distribution throughout all levels and you'd have a licence for football club chairmen at all levels to print money as well as affordable football again for the working class!!!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 12:51:33 PM »

I blame Alf Common.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 02:32:18 PM »

there really is something wrong with football....all the money sloshing around at the top gets wasted on ludicrous players wages which bounces down to our level with ridiculous wage demands from mediocre players at conf level....if all the chairmen in the world held a summit and agreed on some sort of reasonable wage cap and a reasonable distribution throughout all levels and you'd have a licence for football club chairmen at all levels to print money as well as affordable football again for the working class!!!

What you say is ideal. in an ideal world, sadly we are ruled by market forces and greed which superinflate what things are worth, how is Rooney worth £300,000 a week? Why does he need that sort of money what would you do with it? Why is a small three bedroom terraced house in the dismal part of South London I live in now "worth" £425000. Why does the Euromillions run and run to such ludicrous sums, share it out earlier surely? It's bonkers. I don't believe in Communism but they had part of it right.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 04:47:34 PM »

there will be no wage cap. wages will get higher and higher. the local fans paying through the gate at the biggest clubs don't matter because if they stay away then some tourist from China or Japan will take their place. you will get more and more foreign owners to whom the wages are chicken feed.

the acid test for me will be if the likes of United don't qualify every season for the champions league. TV needs them and they need the TV money. watch the rules change to let them in.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:53:00 PM by Bob »

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 05:33:02 PM »

there will be no wage cap. wages will get higher and higher. the local fans paying through the gate at the biggest clubs don't matter because if they stay away then some tourist from China or Japan will take their place. you will get more and more foreign owners to whom the wages are chicken feed.

the acid test for me will be if the likes of United don't qualify every season for the champions league. TV needs them and they need the TV money. watch the rules change to let them in.

If they win it, they're in it next season regardless.It's all they have left so expect a full out assault on it.  Their money counters know the criticality of their being in it next year.

Jimmy

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 07:58:15 PM »

They have a better chance of Liverpool or arsenal sliping up and getting 4th than winning the European cup they will do the sencible thing soon sack moyes get a manager not out of depth and be good again soon

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 08:19:38 PM »

Given time Moyes will get it sorted , Fergie had plenty of goes in the champs leg and only won it twice.

As previously said, market forces determine the wages of prem players. I too agree that there isnt anybody who is worth 300 grand a week but who of us if any, would turn it down.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 11:15:24 PM »

HM Revenue will be more than happy to take circa £7,800,000 off Mr Rooney in tax - he will earn it somewhere so better he earns it here than in Spain or Italy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:28:11 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2014, 12:19:26 AM »

HM Revenue will be more than happy to take circa £7,800,000 off Mr Rooney in tax - he will earn it somewhere so better he earns it here than in Spain or Italy

Mick,

Rooney won't earn £300,000 per week, he will receive it.

There is a crucial difference.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 12:26:48 AM »

I doubt he'd be paying tax in a straightforward fashion.  He's daft not thick so he'll have accountants moving the cash around to (and I'll put this politely) manage his tax affairs efficiently.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 12:50:35 PM »

Hopefully somebody who knows could shed some more light on this; but I thought that professional footballers must be 'employed' by their club and must also be paid in a manner that attracts both PAYE and NI contributions (FA rules ??)..........If so he can have clever accountants managing his money in a tax efficient manner, but only after he has paid his taxes "in a straightforward" fashion like the rest of us (or most of us)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:52:44 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »

I too agree that there isnt anybody who is worth 300 grand a week but who of us if any, would turn it down.

Don't be silly Ray, who would work for that pittance :D

Robin Reliant

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 02:21:24 PM »

I seem to recall that there is a system in place whereby professional sportspersons, and others who have a "short" career
of very high earnings, can defer some of their earnings ( for tax purposes) until later when their earnings have dropped to
a lower level.

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 10:58:03 PM »

I blame Alf Common.
That's even before MY time !

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 10:59:43 PM »

I too agree that there isnt anybody who is worth 300 grand a week but who of us if any, would turn it down.

Don't be silly Ray, who would work for that pittance :D
Michael Twiss......
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another reason we've got to get up this year