PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Another reason we've got to get up this year
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Another reason we've got to get up this year  (Read 7311 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 20, 2014, 07:01:16 AM »

After long negotiation it seems barrow born telecoms billionaire Paul Casson is serious in his attempts to buy and take his home town club up the pyramid
http://barrowafc.com/news/?article=1535

We need to play out of our skin for 16 games

Jezza

Re: Another reason we've got to get up this year
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:56:54 AM »

I guess the members (or fans) must be sure of this guy to change their model to go back to being at the whim of one man once again....he is barrow born.....but he's haggling a bit and talking a lot about intangible assets and book value of the club without too much love for the club coming across.

Best of luck to barrow but not sure I'd want this sort of chap in control of my club;

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:04 AM »

Anyone with a 90s bumhead is fine with me

HealdGreenBarra

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:25:29 PM »

After the saga with Vaughan we look at this with caution. However we are a members club and he will need the consent of the members. He has called a public meeting to discuss in March.

My personal view is I cant see much future without him.

RocketDan

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 06:40:38 PM »

I didn't know Ukrainian Phil had a twin...

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:18:13 PM »

After the saga with Vaughan we look at this with caution. However we are a members club and he will need the consent of the members. He has called a public meeting to discuss in March.

Any port in a storm.

Mate of mine is a Leeds fan, probably being taken over by a Italian with a very dodgy history.  As there is nothing else to grab for he's hoping this deal will go through despite all the potential for it to go bitterly bitterly wrong.

Altyrocket

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

taxi Phil

Jimmy

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »

Matters not if we keep Sinnott long enough they will catch us back up

HealdGreenBarra

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 04:32:15 PM »

Any port in a storm.

Mate of mine is a Leeds fan, probably being taken over by a Italian with a very dodgy history.  As there is nothing else to grab for he's hoping this deal will go through despite all the potential for it to go bitterly bitterly wrong.

The way I see it, he's a Barrovian, his parents still live in the town, if he screws us they can never show their face again.
In the meantime we have a crumbling stadium, the floodlights are 50 years old and falling down , no money to fix anything and we are in debt with no means of repaying it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »

Cannot understand how barrow are in so much debt when they play a premier league side in the cup every other year

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2014, 07:26:04 PM »

Cannot understand how barrow are in so much debt when they play a premier league side in the cup every other year

Yeah that is bizarre. Where does all the money go?

York Alty

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2014, 07:50:11 PM »

Any port in a storm.

The way I see it, he's a Barrovian, his parents still live in the town, if he screws us they can never show their face again.
In the meantime we have a crumbling stadium, the floodlights are 50 years old and falling down , no money to fix anything and we are in debt with no means of repaying it.

Can't say I like the club or the town, but hopefully something can be worked out cos your ground is in a right two 'n eight. I was surprised  with the floodlights, I guess you get the mountain rescue people in when you change a bulb, cos the ladders are fecked, planks slung together part way up form some sort of a platform on one of them, but some of the planks are missing.  Must be a worry every time there's a storm.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2014, 11:29:52 AM »

And a run to the Trophy final and all that prize money
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

HealdGreenBarra

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 11:05:43 AM »

And a run to the Trophy final and all that prize money

It got spent on overpaid, overrated, average players that were supposed to keep us up high in the Prem. They didnt, the budget was far too high, gates dropped from about 1800 to 800 and we lost money consistently after the Trophy win and built up debt. No money was spent on the ground which is now falling down and needs ££££££ spending on it. We are where we are, but hey, it could be worse - at least we are not Stockport County !
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team