PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee and neil
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Well done Lee and neil  (Read 7302 times)

markecky

Re: Well done Lee and neil
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2011, 09:40:46 PM »

I liked the spirit we showed and the fact we didnt crumble when it got back to 2-2.

I'd like to see Hawes again before making judgement but the new right back was superb and Dodds looked useful when he came on.  I am guessing he'll replace Brown on Tuesday who displayed his usual appalling positional sense in the first half but we got away with it somehow.

Going forward we looked like we could score at will.  Whilst Halifax's defence were poor on the day I've seen us not capitalise on a poor defence so many times before.  We mixed long balls with wingplay well.

Whilst one swallow doesn't make a summer or erase recent poor performances I hope people acknowledge that we got  what we wanted.

We wanted a new defence, 3 out of 4 ain't bad.

We wanted more heart and spirit and we got that as well.

Looking forward to Corby now, 3 points put us back into the mix.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 09:59:04 PM by markecky »

bighairedmike

Re: Well done Lee and neil
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2011, 01:40:51 AM »

Anybody who wants a good chuckle on a Sunday....

"What the **** is it with teams coming to the Shay, winning the toss and making us shoot towards the South Stand in the first half? It's happening nearly every game at the minute and it smacks of non league bitterness from some of these teams."

"To me though it is a non league thing because they are clearly doing it to annoy us which stems from the chip on their shoulder that all these clubs have when they come to us because we're a big club to them. Notice fellow big clubs don't do this, Charlton didn't do it and I'm sure they won the toss from watching it back on the TV. Altrincham also showed no respect to their own supporters by kicking away from them in the second half which reinforces my above point about the non league attitude."

How else did you expect us to get behind the team...

Now where's that coat?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done Lee and neil