PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last game of season
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Last game of season  (Read 4180 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Last game of season
« on: April 05, 2023, 06:11:54 PM »

Ko moved to 5-30pm.

Don't object too much to this, but could the decision been taken earlier
Full time and proud of it

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Last game of season
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 10:10:08 PM »

I thought that was for teams involved in playoff positions?

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 10:24:07 PM »

Suits me - I'd not be going to Aldersh*t and if it's not 3pm they can stream it 😊

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 10:39:45 PM »

Basically BT want to put Wrexham on telly & the slot available was 530 which now means everyone else (even a complete dead rubber like our game) also has to kick off at 530. Good day on the beers for our fans in the SE anyway.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 01:37:22 AM »

Basically BT want to put Wrexham on telly & the slot available was 530 which now means everyone else (even a complete dead rubber like our game) also has to kick off at 530. Good day on the beers for our fans in the SE anyway.

It's a trifle premature to dismiss our visit to Aldershot on the final day of the season as being a 'dead rubber'.

Aldershot are currently languishing merely one position above the relegation zone, five points ahead of Yeovil - whom they happen to play on Good Friday.

Whilst I would expect them to stay up, their erratic form could still place them in jeopardy on 29th April.   
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 08:41:22 AM »

It's a trifle premature to dismiss our visit to Aldershot on the final day of the season as being a 'dead rubber'.

Aldershot are currently languishing merely one position above the relegation zone, five points ahead of Yeovil - whom they happen to play on Good Friday.

Whilst I would expect them to stay up, their erratic form could still place them in jeopardy on 29th April.   

Aldershot fresh with their newly poached boss off Kings Lynn beat Yeovil at home tomorrow & the current bottom 4 is done for IMO. Torquay having a decent run but their run in includes Chessy & Wrescam so they’ll go too.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 11:17:29 AM »

Aldershot fresh with their newly poached boss off Kings Lynn beat Yeovil at home tomorrow & the current bottom 4 is done for IMO. Torquay having a decent run but their run in includes Chessy & Wrescam so they’ll go too.
I hope not as Torquay is one of our local games,down here
Harold

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 11:53:38 AM »

Suits me - I'd not be going to Aldersh*t and if it's not 3pm they can stream it 😊

Selfish streaming
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 03:44:20 PM »

Selfish streaming

Streaming is ideal for old gits like me who can no longer travel to distant away games. I've said on here before though that it should carry a premium rate to ensure that the home club are adequately compensated for lost revenue. I'd happily pay £25 to watch a professionally streamed game, and I suspect there's potential there to look at doing something like that.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 05:41:29 PM »

Selfish streaming

It's a peculiarity that those who stay at home and stream the game do actually generate some (rather miniscule) revenue for Altrincham FC, whereas those who pay to attend the match contribute entirely to the coffers of Aldershot FC.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 06:36:46 AM »

Selfish streaming

It's a peculiarity that those who stay at home and stream the game do actually generate some (rather miniscule) revenue for Altrincham FC, whereas those who pay to attend the match contribute entirely to the coffers of Aldershot FC.
Perhaps carrying this observation to it's ultimate conclusion all those streaming the game should at least make the effort to get down to the ground at the time the supporters coach is leaving and jeer them aboard letting them know how they don't have any loyalty to the club! 😂😂😂😂

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2023, 10:14:02 AM »

Selfish streaming

To be joyous that the lads that have stuck by us (let's be honest Toby wouldn't habe been the only approached player in Jan) will run out to 20 instead of 75-100 is a shame, all so you can donate about 80p to the club.
It's all my fault.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2023, 10:16:10 AM »

Selfish streaming

Perhaps carrying this observation to it's ultimate conclusion all those streaming the game should at least make the effort to get down to the ground at the time the supporters coach is leaving and jeer them aboard letting them know how they don't have any loyalty to the club! 😂😂😂😂

I'm not arsed about people watching streaming, but to be happy you can watch it and the expense of away fans being able to go is crassm
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2023, 10:55:46 AM »

Don't be so serious. He was joking wasn't he?!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2023, 11:05:42 AM »

Selfish streaming

I'm not arsed about people watching streaming, but to be happy you can watch it and the expense of away fans being able to go is crassm
Whoooosh! It's a humorous aside HT. I travel and don't stream so I'd be having a pop at myself. Sorry if you didn't get it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last game of season