News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Experiment needed

Author Topic: Experiment needed  (Read 1808 times)

Jezza

Experiment needed
« on: September 16, 2007, 01:05:35 PM »

After nine games albeit many against top sides our record reads;
21 ALTRINCHAM 9 0 3 6 9 20 -11 3

Why not for the next nine games the cote goes gung ho... plays people in their correct positions from the start..pottsy on right from start..senior up front.....robbie centre mid....asa on bench in case lane gets injured at right back...we try to go in 3-0 up at half time then limp to full time defend defend defend to win 3-2/lose3-4?

So we play football first to have a chance of winning the battle.

And then we'll see...scientifically!

I'll get me coat.

joe

Re: Experiment needed
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 01:19:40 PM »

We may aswell try this experiment jezza because if we play in the next nine games the same as we have done in the first nine we'll lose them all anyway!!

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 02:57:25 PM »

Yeah lets play Potts from the start against fresh defenders and have a go at some teams - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OR WORK.

Against fresh legs Potts will be wasted.

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 03:00:49 PM »

seems to me against tired legs we're normally a few goals behind?

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 03:09:57 PM »

That is true Jezza yes, but I dont think Potts is good enough against fresh legs.

The answer is................I have no idea  :-[

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 03:22:32 PM »

Yeah lets play Potts from the start against fresh defenders and have a go at some teams - NOT GOING TO HAPPEN OR WORK.

Against fresh legs Potts will be wasted.

Playing Robbie Lawton on the wing doesn't work either so do we just leave things as they are and accept that between now and next May we simply won't create any chances? It was good to see Logan start yesterday but I feel the main reason he failed to prosper was our insistance upon playing long balls to their huge number 5 all the time. We did the same thing against Oxford when Arthur Gnohere was the grateful recipient of constant heading practice. The only decent spell we had in the last two matched was when we got the ball on the deck and attacked Oxford. I believe the same can be said of the last 30 minutes at York although I wasn't there myself.

It's not all about the players (although a couple of changes MUST be made), the tactics are piss poor at times.

I'm really sorry to be saying these things. I want GH to do well and I want things to go right for him but I can't just sit quietly and watch us surrender our place in this league without a fight. Yesterday's performance was completely unacceptable from the very top to the very bottom.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Experiment needed