PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 raise the bar
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: raise the bar  (Read 5642 times)

dino

raise the bar
« on: December 12, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »

as usual there are the normal platitudes.

actually we didnt give their keeper one single save. not one decent opening was created, against one of the worst teams we have played this season. if your happy just flooding the midfield and hanging on for a draw , so be it. man for man we were far superior today, all that was missing was the game plan, which was sadly lacking. frankly, it was boring and i was glad i got in for a tenner, which was too much.

markecky

Re: raise the bar
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:19:58 PM »

And from you, as usual there are the normal posts.

We were never going to have much up front missing three strikers were we?

I suppose we should be grateful we don't have to hear stories that you blagged your way into one of the closed stands and drank free sangria or something.

dino

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:27:55 PM »

usual retort from the regulator.

we would have won that game hands down with a little vision and ingenuity. Stop making execuses.  I made a fair assessment, and the other 3 in my car agreed.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

Its hardly a surprise that the other 3 in your car agreed.  You've already made it clear that the people who go in your car are Heathcote haters.

I think we had a pretty good gameplan to be honest.  It didn't involve much attacking, was limited by the personnel we had and got us a draw.

People round me seemed to agree so maybe my posts are only alien to you.  The people round me were singing and trying to encourage the team.  I trust you were doing the same?

Anyway back to regulating for me now...

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:36:56 PM »

And Ecky made a fair point which as usual you totally  missed. If we'd had a fully fit Dale Johnson, Little and Denham and McAliskey at a push to add to Senior then yes we should have pushed on and won. As it is when you only have one striker and one winger available it's a little difficult to really go for it isn't it.

world's most banterish car

markecky

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 08:46:51 PM »

And Ecky made a fair point which as usual you totally  missed. If we'd had a fully fit Dale Johnson, Little and Denham and McAliskey at a push to add to Senior then yes we should have pushed on and won. As it is when you only have one striker and one winger available it's a little difficult to really go for it isn't it.

world's most banterish car

I've also said the game was poor but he doesn't read that.

WiganAlty

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »

TBH, when I first saw the thread title, I thought it was referring to raising the crossbar height given the number of chances Wrexham skied over the goals  ;)

That said, given that Celtic Crusaders Rugby League team are moving to play at Wrexham, could thei Wrexham forward line have been cunningly sneaking in a few practice conversions before applying to join the RL outfit??

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »

as usual there are the normal platitudes.

actually we didnt give their keeper one single save. not one decent opening was created, against one of the worst teams we have played this season. if your happy just flooding the midfield and hanging on for a draw , so be it. man for man we were far superior today, all that was missing was the game plan, which was sadly lacking. frankly, it was boring and i was glad i got in for a tenner, which was too much.

You are an embarrassment and a bore. Why don't you stop coming and do us all a favour.
Come on Alty!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 10:43:24 PM »

we would have won that game hands down with a little vision and ingenuity. Stop making execuses.  I made a fair assessment, and the other 3 in my car agreed.

The other 3: was one the gear KNOB?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 12:16:52 AM »

we would have won that game hands down with a little vision and ingenuity. Stop making execuses.  I made a fair assessment, and the other 3 in my car agreed.

dino,

Would that be Fred & Wilma Flintstone and their daughter, Pebbles, by any chance....?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:20:52 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 12:30:19 AM »

I wonder what your response would had been if we started with Senior,Denham and Little and been 3-0 down at half time  ::)

As been said, our cards were forced with only having 1 fit forward (who has been playing for most of of season as a winger), so we contained Wrexham, and we did a pretty good job on it. The plan was to nick a goal towards the end by bringing on half fit Denham and Little for the last 20, but unfortunately the rest of the side was knackered and we were unable to get forward more than we would had liked. I doubt we will play on a larger pitch this season, and it does effect the legs.

Even though our home form is appalling, I think we should be able to win on Tuesday and progress for the first time in 5 years.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 01:02:25 PM »

Several people invited "Dino" to give praise where it was due after we despatched Chester 3-1. He failed to do so.

He is a snake and a parasite.
Come on Alty!

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »

oh dear dino, why can't you just look at the positives, we've earned a replay, we're contending for the play offs with the best non-league goaly and oh yeah, by the way, we're a part time club!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »

we would have won that game hands down with a little vision and ingenuity. Stop making execuses.  I made a fair assessment, and the other 3 in my car agreed.

dino,

Would that be Fred & Wilma Flintstone and their daughter, Pebbles, by any chance....?

Well that's my first christmas "ho ho ho" since playing santa! Well done Cult!

Perhaps Dino's name is a typo? (i.e. should have been 'ld' instead of 'n')
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jamestimperleyrobin

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 05:25:24 PM »

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 raise the bar