PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering in trouble?
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kettering in trouble?  (Read 3405 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Kettering in trouble?
« on: December 09, 2009, 12:44:34 PM »

Come on Alty!

markecky

Re: Kettering in trouble?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:46:49 PM »

Sacked for not making subs!!

Football is getting more nuts by the day with people like Ladaak in charge at these clubs..

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 01:00:18 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Kettering are a horrid little club. Imagine treating your staff like that? Just incredible. Sacking a member of the management team after taking the best team two leagues above you to a replay and then extra time? I just can't believe this.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 01:14:24 PM »

I wonder who has a greater knowledge of football & the team: Deehan or Ladaak?

One of these two has an ego bigger than the club.

and ditto at QPR: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/8403668.stm

How many managers?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:26:42 PM by Jennifers Dad »

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »

I think it's odd when a 'club' is defined by it's owner and termed horrible.

When we first met them they were a big non league side where we could change ends and we had no trouble....unlike say worcester.

Yeah they've got a few chav fans who cause trouble.

FGR are a horrible club coz their fans seem to agree with their horrible hierachy's views and actually think they should be in the football league......worksop fans were a bit like this as well....Mansfield and Oxford for me are horrible clubs...chester and kettering and even vics to an extent have had their image tarnished by a hierachy the fans maybe are honest enough to stand up to.
Kettering fans on the whole seem to be bemused by their owners actions over the years and on the whole don't seem to have an arrogant we should be beating teams like alty attitude IMO.

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »

I wonder who has a greater knowledge of football & the team: Deehan or Ladaak?

One of these two has an ego bigger than the club.

and ditto at QPR: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/8403668.stm

How many managers?

This annoys me even more. As a Northern Irishman I'm a big fan of Magilton, and I actually think he was harshly treated at Ipswich where he did a decent job (just look at them under Keane).

Unless a manager is genuinely ruining a club, in which case sack him don't suspend him, just leave him to it FFS.

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »

Imagine if the 'cote had been at some of these clubs........

His sides have put out some terrible performances for alty and yet he always seems to have the ability just when even his most diehard supporters are losing faith to turn it round in quite amazing form.....think about how we've played since mansfield and witton for example....a lot of meglomaniacs would have sacked him for either of those performances.

I remember a certain match at Vauxhall Motors when I thought he'd completely lost the plot as we embarassingly threw Gary talbs up front to try in vain and rescue a dying minutes draw after playing pottsy up front on his own against bottom of the league rubbish....would we have won promotion if the board had sacked him then?....I think perhaps not.

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 01:43:36 PM »

I think it's odd when a 'club' is defined by it's owner and termed horrible.

When we first met them they were a big non league side where we could change ends and we had no trouble....unlike say worcester.

Yeah they've got a few chav fans who cause trouble.

FGR are a horrible club coz their fans seem to agree with their horrible hierachy's views and actually think they should be in the football league......worksop fans were a bit like this as well....Mansfield and Oxford for me are horrible clubs...chester and kettering and even vics to an extent have had their image tarnished by a hierachy the fans maybe are honest enough to stand up to.
Kettering fans on the whole seem to be bemused by their owners actions over the years and on the whole don't seem to have an arrogant we should be beating teams like alty attitude IMO.

I think they've done variously stupid/deplorable things in recent years. Rip their own fans off for the Leeds game, appoint the utterly incapable Paul Gascoigne for no other reason than to generate publicity, categorise games to squeeze a few extra pennies out of away fans, sack people who have done abolutely nothing wrong.

Then, as you say, they have a horrible chav element who I'd be quite happy to see shot.

Then, just to top it off, Kettering (much like the rest of Northamptonshire) is a complete dump.

That's why I feel it is a horrid little club.

York Alty

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »

the best thing about kettering is they score some lovely own goals.

OH YES!

JonnyKeen

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »

I think this is really bad and I feel sorry for Lee Harper.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2009, 08:33:14 PM »

"When we first met them they were a big non league side where we could change ends and we had no trouble....unlike say worcester."

This is utter cr*p.. they have always been horrible. Early Alliance days we won the 2 legged league cup final at Rockingham Road, as we gathered behind a rope infront of the main stand for the presentation their fans spat repeatedly on our players and some of us fans...

Hate Leeds, but cheered them all the way last night!

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 10:27:55 PM »

I was there that night and don;t remember any of that.....

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 10:59:36 PM »

So was I. I was spat upon, so were a number of other spectators, and a couple of players. Never been back there, and have no wish to.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 08:21:35 AM »

I was thjere too and I remember it well.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kettering in trouble?