News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GRAHAM HEATHCOTE'S RED AND WHITE ARMY

Author Topic: GRAHAM HEATHCOTE'S RED AND WHITE ARMY  (Read 2399 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 06, 2008, 06:43:51 PM »

Heathcote in!  ;D

It took two years and a promtion (or two) for (some)  people to show support for club legend and football genius Graham Heathcote after Burscough. I wonder what it will take this time?

And yes, I was upset to read how disillusioned our wonderful chairman Geoff Goodwin felt (and still does feel for all I know) after the recent (ill-judged) anti-Heathcote campaign. A pity that this has to happen in (probably) our best season since 1995 or 1996 AD.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: GRAHAM HEATHCOTE'S RED AND WHITE ARMY
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:53:17 PM »

good timing!

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 06:56:48 PM »

Thanks.  :)

James Black

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 09:54:49 PM »

just a quick point i would like to make if we didn't do that protest would we be in V*cs possition instead of where we are now mid table

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 10:24:01 PM »

just a quick point i would like to make if we didn't do that protest would we be in V*cs possition instead of where we are now mid table

No. The performance of a football team is not directly proportional to how much fans complain. If it was, then Newcastle, Spurs, Manchester City and the English national team would all be good.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 05:36:37 AM »

I wonder. I mean, if there was no pressure, would people bother? People talk about competition for places when it comes to players, it keeps players on their toes (out ;D), and maybe something similar applies to managers. However, from what I know of Heathcote, he really really really hates losing and is quite commited to the club and so would probably try anyway and not do a John Terry. However one of my main concerns with the protests was was to do with Goodwin and the board, and seemingly my fears have been fulfilled.

And by the way I still can't believe an anti-Heathcote campaign can be based on a couple of poor free kicks at Stevenage ("Alty in poor free kick shocker"). Looking at the quality and experience of Heathcote and Barrow, I think they were always gonna sort it. I still think people should have waited til after Lewes (9 from 10 instead of 3 from 10).

And as for timing, what about calling me clueless and saying HEATHCOTE OUT at the start of a long unbeaten run. Although no doubt some people will continue to call me clueless despite it happening just as I said (ie improving as Little and Senior hit form, beating Lewes, turning things around, and sadly Goodwin getting severely cheesed off after all he's done for us.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 08:30:06 AM »

I wonder. I mean, if there was no pressure, would people bother? People talk about competition for places when it comes to players, it keeps players on their toes (out ;D), and maybe something similar applies to managers. However, from what I know of Heathcote, he really really really hates losing and is quite commited to the club and so would probably try anyway and not do a John Terry. However one of my main concerns with the protests was was to do with Goodwin and the board, and seemingly my fears have been fulfilled. And by the way I still can't believe an anti-Heathcote campaign can be based on a couple of poor free kicks at Stevenage ("Alty in poor free kick shocker"). Looking at the quality and experience of Heathcote and Barrow, I think they were always gonna sort it. I still think people should have waited til after Lewes (9 from 10 instead of 3 from 10). And as for timing, what about calling me clueless and saying HEATHCOTE OUT at the start of a long unbeaten run. Although no doubt some people will continue to call me clueless despite it happening just as I said (ie improving as Little and Senior hit form, beating Lewes, turning things around, and sadly Goodwin getting severely cheesed off after all he's done for us.

Whatever people say about you, you're allowed to think what you want on here.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 09:21:51 AM »

Mutterings of discontent after a few bad results normally seem to spur the 'cote and the team onto much better things.

So in the best spirit and with the best intentions at heart for a good run starting Sat'dee..............

Heathcote OUT!!!! this poor form cannot be allowed to continue!
That should do it...3-0 to the red & white ba$tards at Luton now in the bag.

gunners11

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »

alty will win my thoughts are this alty 2- 1 luton. if we win i hope alty face lower league so. we have a chance to go into the third round and meet the big boys like liverpool or man utd or newcastle .  be proud lift the alty crowd
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team