News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Tickets - get one

Author Topic: Season Tickets - get one  (Read 2806 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Season Tickets - get one
« on: June 10, 2007, 10:03:58 PM »

Back in the big league - now's the time to go and get a ticket !

Not only are they cheaper if bought in June, but there are now 2 extra games (Oxford and Vics) as well

U14s ticket incredible value at £35

The club really needs the money if it is going to sign Ashley Cole before pre-season
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

Re: Season Tickets - get one
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:26:51 PM »

Surely gate prices will go up a quid...no point being the cheapest in the league by £2/£3 pound whilst struggling for money.

Make season tickets even better value as well.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 10:41:01 AM »

We discussed this on Satdee night (over a few pints) and I think our general feeling was add another quid or two. We'd still get the same away fans turning up and will bring in at least  an extra grand a game !

radcliffe alty

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »

Whilst I wouldn't have a problem getting paying an extra couple of quid (although I have a season ticket) I think for the floating fan (who again we must fight to pick up this season) a tenner is a psychological amount of money. You pay with one note and then you are in and it seems good value. £11-£12 starts to look on the fiddly/pricey side (even though we know it isn't in this day and age) for a floater who may not be aware of the standard of football they'll be paying to watch etc. Would this turn them away?

I suppose it's a difficult balancing act. The club will know what is best to do.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 11:04:41 AM »

I think the old pricing debate has good reasons for and against.

Last season we have improved on attendances again and now we need to improve on the pitch and this is why we need more income. 
I know the 'floating' fan doesn't go to the away games like we do but I would guess that we pay on average about £14 ? so even at £11 or £12 we would be great value for money.

IF we did put the prices up we would do well to advertise that we were still the (or one of the) cheapest clubs to watch in the league.

I know a few people said they would just put the extra money in the bucket at half time so those that wanted to give more could ... Talking off buckets I need more volunteers for next season please.  ;D

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:08:45 AM »

If we are at home first game of the season I think it would be well worth doing a similar idea to the one which worked so well for the Aldershot game. If we can get the kids in for free for this one game and get a similar kind of atmosphere in the ground it could really set the tone for the rest of the season. you could clearly see that a lot of the younger (non-regular) fans who came to the Aldershot game really enjoyed the atmosphere and there are a lot of potential regulars amongst them.

Get them in for free and make sure they all get leaflets promoting the £35 season tickets. Yes, there would be a loss of revenue for one game but you have to speculate to accumulate.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »

Good Point Alty365.

The important bit is advertise the £35 season ticket.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 01:20:39 PM »

Good Point Alty365.

The important bit is advertise the £35 season ticket.

The club have took the oppertunity of putting all our season ticket prices on the back of the yankee sheets that delivered to around about 800 yankee custormers
@AltyDaz

teasybeaver

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 01:35:23 PM »

If we are at home first game of the season I think it would be well worth doing a similar idea to the one which worked so well for the Aldershot game. If we can get the kids in for free for this one game and get a similar kind of atmosphere in the ground it could really set the tone for the rest of the season. you could clearly see that a lot of the younger (non-regular) fans who came to the Aldershot game really enjoyed the atmosphere and there are a lot of potential regulars amongst them.

Get them in for free and make sure they all get leaflets promoting the £35 season tickets. Yes, there would be a loss of revenue for one game but you have to speculate to accumulate.

Great idea!

Plus this would help flush out those floaters into the stands where they should be!

Alty365

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 02:25:43 PM »

I've emailed Grahame Rowley to see if this can be done. How good would the players feel running out in front of 2000 home fans for their first game. It would be a massive boost for them and could get us a few extra regulars on the terraces.

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »

Nice one!!! ;D
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Tickets - get one