Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Radio Robins Broadcast (Tottenham Hotspur v Altrincham, January 1979)

Author Topic: Tonights Radio Robins Broadcast (Tottenham Hotspur v Altrincham, January 1979)  (Read 2394 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

The content of tonight's broadcast is 45 minutes of live radio reports from a number of radio stations, plus a post match interview with manager Tony Sanders.

The reports cover extensive previews, match updates & full time reports & there are one or two very famous voices to listen out for such as Des Lynam & Alan Parry.One or two of Peter Lorenzo's comments would certainly have produced a response on the forum, if we'd had one then!

I am sure that you will find it a fascinating listen.......I'd certainly forgotten that the winners were due to play one of two clubs who are both now Blue Square Bet National Clubs!

The broadcast will start at 6pm & repeat until 11pm tonight.

It's a jolly good listen at www.radiorobins.com

thegazelle

A mate of mine was listening to it in the railway in flixton and they got told to turn it off Alty were 1 down they turned it back on for a sneeky listen and heard the quote and AltrinchAM  are not happy with a draw they are going for the win. He still quotes that when the subject of alty comes up .
Is that on the tape i would love to send it him.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile

A mate of mine was listening to it in the railway in flixton and they got told to turn it off Alty were 1 down they turned it back on for a sneeky listen and heard the quote and AltrinchAM  are not happy with a draw they are going for the win. He still quotes that when the subject of alty comes up .

Yes it mentions that Alty were not content with a draw :)

bumble

Yes it mentions that Alty were not content with a draw :)

Haha brilliant!

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

I recall picking up somewhere, probably in the papers next day that "alty fans were dancing like pixies on the grave of the giant" and boy were we dancing up on the top level of the stand immediately after the game ended.. then the very long slow train trip home.. back at Timperley about 4am I recall. Back into work for 8am at Marsland House, all the papers laid out on my desk... still have them all... sent home to bed by about 9.30am, useless to be at work.. other than to gloat over the result. Work colleague, a certain Mr Peter Foster, wasn't an Alty Fan at that point.. poor sod couldn't see past the other team in Trafford...

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

awesome broadcast tonight...

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

Brian,

Can I get/buy a copy of the recording?

What a night that was.

N

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

I particularly a copy of it to play to my youngest daughter's boyfriend.. spurs fan, not even born when the game was played.......

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Brian,

Can I get/buy a copy of the recording?

What a night that was.

N

Hi Nic.....glad you enjoyed the broadcast.

I will send you a personal message regarding this.

thegazelle

me too please brian

Hamilton

Just a thought: is it possible to have a library accessible on the Radio Robins website to access these specials as & when?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tonights Radio Robins Broadcast (Tottenham Hotspur v Altrincham, January 1979)