PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half time
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Half time  (Read 10982 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Half time
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »

Just got back from Welling and I hope it looked better on tv than live!

A couple of points only:

Sinnott ran his socks off in the first half. Was often behind Dens, covering for havern too when he went forwards and then ahead of perry at the other end.  Was clearly knackered by the time he came off. Guilty of giving players at this level too much respect, eg he assumed their left back would be able to deal with balls and therefore made sure he was defensively in position rather than bombing on

Secondly, hats off to Crowther who called for the ball for the goal -wanted it- a sign of growing confidence.

Welling will not get another 16 points this season - let alone 16 points more than we get!

It didn't look any better on tv.  poor distribution from sinnott. needed creativity without clee.  fair play crowther looked good, leather didnt look as good as marshell
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jimmy

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 05:45:38 PM »

Sinnott mayev worked hard but I can't recall a worse passing display in a long time id work hard if I played but it wouldnt be enough

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 05:48:31 PM »

A couple of points only:

Sinnott ran his socks off in the first half. Was often behind Dens, covering for havern too when he went forwards and then ahead of perry at the other end.  Was clearly knackered by the time he came off. Guilty of giving players at this level too much respect, eg he assumed their left back would be able to deal with balls and therefore made sure he was defensively in position rather than bombing on

Secondly, hats off to Crowther who called for the ball for the goal -wanted it- a sign of growing confidence.

Welling will not get another 16 points this season - let alone 16 points more than we get!

It didn't look any better on tv.  poor distribution from sinnott. needed creativity without clee.  fair play crowther looked good, leather didnt look as good as marshell
Crowther was very good disagree about Marshall and leather What would masha of done better we kept a clean sheet stu had next to nothing to do
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:56:12 PM by Jimmy »

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 05:53:04 PM »

A couple of points only:

Sinnott ran his socks off in the first half. Was often behind Dens, covering for havern too when he went forwards and then ahead of perry at the other end.  Was clearly knackered by the time he came off. Guilty of giving players at this level too much respect, eg he assumed their left back would be able to deal with balls and therefore made sure he was defensively in position rather than bombing on

Wasn't the best game on tv but am absolutely thrilled to get 3 points, especially against a lower side. Sinnott didn't seem to have a brilliant game then again he wasn't especially poor compared to other players on the pitch either. Seemed to work hard as you said and has had some decent moments e.g Bristol away where I thought he did well. Definitely too early too be judging a player drafted in mid season as cover anyway.

Having said that hats off to Lee for the substitutions which came off very well. Pleased with crowther's contribution of course and I thought Cav controlled the play and calmed everything down in the run up to the goal.

Great to get back to winning ways, great that we kept a clean sheet, great that we're 13th.

Great.

anglo alty

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 06:20:13 PM »

Nice three pts in the end. They screwed themselves with the sending off allowing Cavanagh time and space in midfield. The final third was poor we should have won this game 2 or 3 nil but 3pts is 3pts well done boys

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »

A nothing game on a dreadful pitch. We can play better than that, our delivery was dreadful. Won't slag JSinnott off too much as Griffin who is our best crosser was equally as bad.

It was better than our shooting though which in the second half was an embarrassment bordering on farcical.

I'd have started with Cav and Crowther but LS knows the relative states of fitness and I don't and it's worked out play in the end.

I think the most pleasing aspect is that we were playing well then had 4 of the toughest games imaginable. I've seen it before where you can do that, take it into those games and blow yourself out trying, end up getting little or no reward then find you've lost all form and momentum which at this stage of the season can lead to all sorts of trouble. So to get back on the bike so to speak against the first poor side we've played for a while (and they were poor) was vital I think.

Congrats to Stu as well

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 09:15:46 PM »

A nothing game on a dreadful pitch. We can play better than that, our delivery was dreadful. Won't slag JSinnott off too much as Griffin who is our best crosser was equally as bad.

It was better than our shooting though which in the second half was an embarrassment bordering on farcical.

I'd have started with Cav and Crowther but LS knows the relative states of fitness and I don't and it's worked out play in the end.

I think the most pleasing aspect is that we were playing well then had 4 of the toughest games imaginable. I've seen it before where you can do that, take it into those games and blow yourself out trying, end up getting little or no reward then find you've lost all form and momentum which at this stage of the season can lead to all sorts of trouble. So to get back on the bike so to speak against the first poor side we've played for a while (and they were poor) was vital I think.

Congrats to Stu as well

Absolutely spot on Ballers, it was my worry as well. I'll take a scruffy win like today at this stage, there was that March back in the 90s where what you said was exactly that, I think we lost momentum with a break and got hardly a point then on.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:52 PM »

Congrats to Stu as well

I agree, Griffin had a poor game today. He barely got the ball off the ground.

I also agree about the shooting - this team has been short of a second striker all season. Gillespie's obviously been a disaster which couldn't reasonably be foreseen, Perry always was a 3rd striker at best, and the midfield has missed bucketloads of chances all year. Still, something I'm sure will be looked at in the summer, and winning while playing averagely is a useful skill.

Beaver

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »

No easy playing Welling away on a Sunday lunchtime so thats a great three points!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 12:35:44 PM »

Does anyone have a link to the red card tackle? I'd quite like to see it...
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 12:47:46 PM »

The Welling manager's F-bomb a few mins later was quite innocuous and I half missed it, but the interviewer's repeated apologies drew it to everyone's attention.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Hamilton

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 12:54:05 PM »

The Welling manager's F-bomb a few mins later was quite innocuous and I half missed it, but the interviewer's repeated apologies drew it to everyone's attention.

Of all the game I could show JM it was that bit I showed her. I loved Clemmet's reaction!

York Alty

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »

Of all the game I could show JM it was that bit I showed her. I loved Clemmet's reaction!

It was one of the highlights.  The irony of it being about discipline...

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »

Come on Alty!

LymmRobin

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 01:42:25 PM »

Anyone have the clip of the crying Welling child?  This elicited a collective 'Ahhh' in the CSH.  Altrincham FC - the team that makes children cry!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Half time