News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kiddy Harriers

Author Topic: Kiddy Harriers  (Read 2747 times)

Knutsford Alty

Kiddy Harriers
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:38:13 PM »

markecky

Re: Kiddy Harriers
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 02:42:34 PM »

How many times does that happen, a new chairman comes  in, sees the books and goes "this is ridiculous"...

HE says that the long term future of the club is not viable.

I would say that depends on how brave he is...if they have to go part time to secure the future of the club then that is what they must do.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 02:43:45 PM »

There are very few clubs in this league who are capable of sustaining full time football over a prolonged period of time.

Until the other clubs realise that, these things will continue to happen.
Come on Alty!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Kiddy Harriers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 02:52:40 PM »

They do seem to have tried to live relatively in their means in recent years and Steve Burr is doing a good job there on a reduced budget. Since coming to Moss Lane as 2nd from bottom they've gone on a good consistent run and are now comfortably mid table. And therein lies the crux of it, investment would secure that rather than lead to real glory and what outsider would really be interested in that?   

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 10:36:29 PM »

How many times does that happen, a new chairman comes  in, sees the books and goes "this is ridiculous"...

I would say that depends on how brave he is...if they have to go part time to secure the future of the club then that is what they must do.

Don't they see the books before they take over?

York Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »

How many times does that happen, a new chairman comes  in, sees the books and goes "this is ridiculous"...

Don't they see the books before they take over?

sure they should see the books first, but you have to suspect something is wrong in the process as we do have a number of these 'it's far worse than I thought' situations.  Either they have fail to have a full independant audit made of the books, they misunderstand what they are told, they are lied to, their heart comes before their brain or a mix of the lot.

KHFC - reality strikes I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:44:54 PM by York Alty »

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 06:26:36 AM »

Furthermore at the current levels of income and expenditure we anticipate a trading loss at the end of May 2011 of between £350,000 and £400,000.

Just doing some simple maths, that's about an extra 1500 on the attendance needed. I'd imagine this is the extra cost of a full time wage bill for full time football as opposed to a comfortable budget for part timing.

Every club that has regular crowds of less than 2,500 will face this, that's why we are part time and comfortable financially.....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 11:19:25 AM »

Furthermore at the current levels of income and expenditure we anticipate a trading loss at the end of May 2011 of between £350,000 and £400,000.

Just doing some simple maths, that's about an extra 1500 on the attendance needed. I'd imagine this is the extra cost of a full time wage bill for full time football as opposed to a comfortable budget for part timing.

Every club that has regular crowds of less than 2,500 will face this, that's why we are part time and comfortable financially.....

Doesn't have the same ring to it as "Part time and proud!"

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »

I'm campaigning for a change to the chant which should now go "part time....and we're financially comfortable relatively speaking taking into account the current economic situation"

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 11:23:52 PM »

The Times covered Kiddy v Eastbourne as their selected non-league game today. Walter Gammie's article can be found on P19 of "the game", but here's the meat of it.

On the pitch, a young side playing vibrant football, and bubbling just under the BSP play-off places; OFF the pitch, a club facing life threatening financial turmoil. Such are the two faces of Kidderminster Harriers.

Three weeks ago, Dave Reynolds, the Chairman between 1981 and 1999 returned, and with the help of new director Mark Serrell met a £93,000 bill for income tax, NI, and VAT. "The club had 4 or 5 hours left or the padlocks were on the door" he said. "We find ourselves in a catastrophic financial position. In my day if you couldn't afford it, you didn't have it. Unfortunately, that view has been deemed old-fashioned. This club has had well over £1 million paid into it in the last 4 years through private donations, and all that money has been wasted. 2 or 3 of us have put some cash in, but it's as far as we can go."  Reynolds estimates that £150K - £200K is needed or they're out of business in 4-6 weeks.

He'd issued warnings to the previous board, which went unheeded. They were trying to run as if still a League club, but the sponsorship in those days was worth £800K a season. Obviously there's now a massive shortfall. If they survive, Reynolds plans long term to re-establish the club's academy which was axed in 1999 when he left. The most famous graduate was Lee Hughes.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kiddy Harriers