PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 f**k off
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: f**k off  (Read 8223 times)

Hamilton

Re: f**k off
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 08:07:58 AM »

I know i will be hated for this but in my opinion the board is weak.

Of course the board is weak, which is why the whole squad was re-engaged straight after the playoff.

The other elephant in the room is Stuart Coburn. I said after the Welling game that he should retire. I believed it then, and now. Sounds like another cross howler last night, which I didn;t see. I have seen enough examples of cross-missing, total lack of movement in the box, and more recently, starting to leave balls to go past him, thinking they are going wide / high. Bristol Rovers for one, Braintree was another (saved by the crossbar that time).

When he was interviewed after the Grimsby game, he said he was surprised at criticism he had received. Which is in itself worrying, as he doesn;t seem to think there is a problem.

In fairness to Stu, he is also still making some crackin' saves.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 08:11:46 AM »

That's what he's supposed to do, along with the other stuff. Honestly, I believe if he hadn't played 10,000 games for the club, he'd get considerably more stick for his performance over the past 12 months.

If he was as good as everyone says, then his legacy is in danger. I don't have the first 15 years to remember fondly, like most on here.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:21:34 AM by eightiesrobin »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 09:02:30 AM »

did he cost us the blyth game... absolutley not ... did he cost it us last night cant say

at 2-1 on Sunday he made another incredible save sadly the rest of the team apart from perry let us down

Is he at his peak ... no .... is he our biggest problem .... no
ParkINson's red and white army

Beaver

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »

Its time the Board came out and backed or sacked the manager, yes as a club we have a well run business but we are a football club and they are far too quiet. What is our situation, is there scope to bring players in, is the manager under pressure or a vote of confidence but yet we hear nothing.

Completely agree with this. Sinnott just never justifies the reasons for our biggest frustrations. Why do we rarely play the best centre back pairing we have? Why have we still not found the best midfield layout? Why does he choose to rest strikers at the oddest of times? Why are we not signing any players? Why is Gillespie not fit?

Instead we get a few cliché's and generic 'what we want to hear' tonic to our latest abject display.

The inconsistency is horrendous, we'll probably do Grimsby on Saturday and instead of being happy we'll be even more bewildered. Its been like this every season, some of the games we've won have no gloss on the victory because we've come into it on such bizarre form.

Honestly thought we'd win last night.

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 09:29:48 AM »

did he cost us the blyth game... absolutley not ... did he cost it us last night cant say

at 2-1 on Sunday he made another incredible save sadly the rest of the team apart from perry let us down

Spot on there Wayno.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2014, 10:00:34 AM »

Spot on there Wayno.
Can't disagree with Wayno's post, but the goalkeeping situation does actually sit pretty high on our ever-growing problem list. When I've seen Parton he's looked a decent keeper, but I notice he was out last night with "a back injury". Where's he picked THAT up while he's not playing ? He was on the bench on Sunday and we haven't trained since then ! Another injury prone squad member ?

Stu is still an excellent shot stopper, but his other problems are only too evident. Even legends can't last for ever.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2014, 11:05:13 AM »

Spot on there Wayno.
Can't disagree with Wayno's post, but the goalkeeping situation does actually sit pretty high on our ever-growing problem list. When I've seen Parton he's looked a decent keeper, but I notice he was out last night with "a back injury". Where's he picked THAT up while he's not playing ? He was on the bench on Sunday and we haven't trained since then ! Another injury prone squad member ?

Stu is still an excellent shot stopper, but his other problems are only too evident. Even legends can't last for ever.
agree
ParkINson's red and white army

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »

Star Wars seems to be making a good attempt at it.

eightiesrobin

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2014, 02:44:19 PM »

Star Wars seems to be making a good attempt at it.

Been crap for years though innit?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 f**k off