News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Form Table?

Author Topic: Form Table?  (Read 4303 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Form Table?
« on: October 08, 2008, 09:14:07 AM »

Anyone know of a form table ?  must be near the top now  ;D

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Form Table?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:21:02 AM »

RocketDan

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 01:03:07 PM »

that has brought a tear to my eye

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 01:09:43 PM »

If Torquay fail to beat Oxford tomorrow night we'll be top of it. Which would be ridiculous.  :)

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 01:17:56 PM »

Lets grab every point we can at the moment and pull away from the danger zone.

More than likely we are bound to hit another sticky patch this season but if we can keep our form going at home then we could have a decent season. 

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 01:26:15 PM »

Lets grab every point we can at the moment and pull away from the danger zone.

More than likely we are bound to hit another sticky patch this season but if we can keep our form going at home then we could have a decent season. 

I can't tell if this is optimistic (we can get more points) or pessimistic (it won't last) .... realistic I guess.

The run started when were all pretty pessimistic (though expressing it in different ways) and so it probably doesn't matter what frame of mind us fans are in but if the tactics and performances can be maintained then it'll be worth watching at least even if it doesn't turn into points every week.

highwayman

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 01:51:36 PM »

Even better - what about these form tables from Confguide?

http://stats.confguide.com/dom/ENG/FC/curseq.html

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 04:05:45 PM »

Let's all just enjoy it whole it's happening.

Despite all the great times, there have been quite a few not-so-great in between and I've become a bit of a pessimist (which I hate being). I wish I could recapture the belief of youth which was dissipated just before entry into the NPL in 1968 when we played a friendly against Morecambe and got banjoed (I think) 4-0 at ML. I thought we'd walk the NPL but things were never the same again after that - apart from a couple of years in the late 70's early 80's.

What I'm saying is that whilst hoping for the best, I frequently find myself expecting the worst. I hope it doesn't go tits up soon but whilst we're winning, I'm loving it.

Or to put it another way, one long good time = lots and lots of bad ones!

Come on you Supers!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 04:20:46 PM »

Even better - what about these form tables from Confguide?

http://stats.confguide.com/dom/ENG/FC/curseq.html

we are top of the league, said we are top of the league!

Bazbatteria

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 06:11:03 PM »

Our upturn in form is certainly a team effort but I must say Mr. Densmore is becoming our Mr. Reliable and Lee Elam has been superb, well done A.F.C . Im very happy :)

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »

I hope it doesn't go tits up soon but whilst we're winning, I'm loving it.

At the moment we are getting points and are (mostly) good to watch.
The question is ....
Would you rather we kept the same playing style even if the points start to dry up (ie try to play through it) or change the style?

BTW, Our next three games are against other teams in the top 10 of the form table.

Longman

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 01:15:36 PM »

Our upturn in form is certainly a team effort but I must say Mr. Densmore is becoming our Mr. Reliable and Lee Elam has been superb, well done A.F.C . Im very happy :)

Got to agree, both have been superb.

Densmore looks very solid.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »

I have taken great pleasure in emialing this to my Crawley Town supporter colleague at work
He found it hilarious especially when I told him that the first 9 games of the season shouldnt count

Of course he is gloating that Crawley are top of the League - he even has the nerve to claim that they have paid all their debts.
I thought entrering into a CVA was an exceuse not to pay debts ?

Yesterday I went to Hornchurch to watch my local team, Merstham in the FA Cup and received several comments from people reading my Alty seatshirt that "I was a long way form home". I went on the coach hired from a Crawley Coach firm, and the same firm my company use. I had a long chat with the coach driver as he use to live round the corner from me in South Africa. This Crawley Coach firm hire to many football clubs in Surrey/Sussex - except Crawley Town. Which makes me ask the question - Did Crawley ever pay that huge Coach bill they owed to that coach company in Seaford which resulted in Crawley players travelling to Alty in their own cars ? Or pay any of their other debts for that matter ?

I find it distasteful that a Club can succeed and even improve and gain promotion whilst at the same time letting other companies fund their progress by not paying bills.
Didnt Steve Evans do something similar when Boston got promoted ?
I would like to see Creepy Crawley go the same way as Boston - except not go up first before falling hard

What makes me laugh is Crawley fans critising Alty for avoiding relegation due to the misfortunes and mismanagement of Boston and Halifax - and at that same time Crawley got staff from both these clubs without having to pay !!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 08:31:19 AM »

I have taken great pleasure in emialing this to my Crawley Town supporter colleague at work
He found it hilarious especially when I told him that the first 9 games of the season shouldnt count

Of course he is gloating that Crawley are top of the League - he even has the nerve to claim that they have paid all their debts.
I thought entrering into a CVA was an exceuse not to pay debts ?

Yesterday I went to Hornchurch to watch my local team, Merstham in the FA Cup and received several comments from people reading my Alty seatshirt that "I was a long way form home". I went on the coach hired from a Crawley Coach firm, and the same firm my company use. I had a long chat with the coach driver as he use to live round the corner from me in South Africa. This Crawley Coach firm hire to many football clubs in Surrey/Sussex - except Crawley Town. Which makes me ask the question - Did Crawley ever pay that huge Coach bill they owed to that coach company in Seaford which resulted in Crawley players travelling to Alty in their own cars ? Or pay any of their other debts for that matter ?

I find it distasteful that a Club can succeed and even improve and gain promotion whilst at the same time letting other companies fund their progress by not paying bills.
Didnt Steve Evans do something similar when Boston got promoted ?
I would like to see Creepy Crawley go the same way as Boston - except not go up first before falling hard

What makes me laugh is Crawley fans critising Alty for avoiding relegation due to the misfortunes and mismanagement of Boston and Halifax - and at that same time Crawley got staff from both these clubs without having to pay !!!

The comments from Evans after the match were hilarious. Something along the lines of a transport inaccuaracy. Yeh, the coach didn't turn up because your a load of free runners, GOON.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Form Table?