PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FLYNNBALLS
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FLYNNBALLS  (Read 4895 times)

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: FLYNNBALLS
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 12:07:31 AM »

An absolute howler coming up on  Alty TV later, that even the sublime editing skills of Mark Bennett will not be able to mask :o

Over a thousand people at the game & it appears that I was the only one who thought Sean Williams had scored our winning goal.

Despite my Radio Robins colleagues, Paul Salt & Joe Barry, indicating it was Damian Reeves who had scored & the chants below me of "He scores when he wants......Reevesie, Reevesie' I stood my ground at the time on the commentary  & this must surely be taken into account at the disciplinary hearing that I will inevitably face :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

FLYNNOUT!!

It sounds from the description of our winner that the NLP reporter must have had the same vantage point as you Brian:

http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=19577.0

That's unlike Dave Stringer to describe a goal so incorrectly.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 12:12:24 AM »

Brian,

Whilst I'm understandably loath to kick a man when he is down (and especially during a period when he's having to prepare and serve his own lasagne owing to his wife not being match fit because of her dodgy knee), I feel that I must highlight a further schoolboy howler from you yesterday.

In your programme article, you discuss that traumatic Kidderminster Harriers game at Moss Lane in May 2000 and include a reference to "Andy Morrell's header looping onto the post late in the game".

The Alty player in question was actually called Mick Morrell.

I think that I can detect the origin of the error in your thought processes though, as you commence your piece talking about Wrexham and I believe that Andy Morrell was once their manager.

Don't worry though, I won't demand that your lucrative salary as an Altrincham FC press officer should incur any punitive deduction.

It was just a straightforward error.......I felt that it wasn't quite right but just couldn't think of his Christian name.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2014, 12:13:32 AM »

Well if its any consulation Mr Flynn i thought the same , Williams ran to fans to celebrate to .

Good man ASMO!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 12:14:40 AM »

Well if its any consulation Mr Flynn i thought the same , Williams ran to fans to celebrate to .

In fairness I, too, thought it was Williams. I was listening to RR though!

;D ;D ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 08:21:53 AM »

Flynnout
ParkINson's red and white army

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 10:57:35 AM »

Brian,

Whilst I'm understandably loath to kick a man when he is down (and especially during a period when he's having to prepare and serve his own lasagne owing to his wife not being match fit because of her dodgy knee), I feel that I must highlight a further schoolboy howler from you yesterday.

In your programme article, you discuss that traumatic Kidderminster Harriers game at Moss Lane in May 2000 and include a reference to "Andy Morrell's header looping onto the post late in the game".

The Alty player in question was actually called Mick Morrell.

I think that I can detect the origin of the error in your thought processes though, as you commence your piece talking about Wrexham and I believe that Andy Morrell was once their manager.

Don't worry though, I won't demand that your lucrative salary as an Altrincham FC press officer should incur any punitive deduction.

It was just a straightforward error.......I felt that it wasn't quite right but just couldn't think of his Christian name.

You may have been thinking of Andy Lovelock perhaps? When I saw Cult's post, I thought to myself 'it was Andy Morrell, wasn't it?' but I had Lovelock in mind.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 12:16:20 PM »

Mick Morrell was the scorer of the Alty equaliser at Kidderminster that season.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FLYNNBALLS