PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Schadenfreude
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Schadenfreude  (Read 4664 times)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Schadenfreude
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 11:25:17 AM »

maybe it was a manchester buy out,thats why it was bought out and not brought out  ;D ;D :D ;D
Harold

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »

Never ceases to amaze me on here how, when a thread mentioning United and City in a good light is put up, the reaction is 'arsed.' however when they don't do so well, the bandwagon of dislike begins to roll

I have to agree with this post.  We're happy to get the cash of Utd for the use of the pitch/ground ,,,,

On a personal note I couldnt give a toss how Utd or City do in Europe it is of no interest to me but the original post by Butty is a valid one.

bighairedmike

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:52 PM »

Never ceases to amaze me on here how, when a thread mentioning United and City in a good light is put up, the reaction is 'arsed.' however when they don't do so well, the bandwagon of dislike begins to roll

Personally I don't really mind United or City at all. My dad used to be a season ticket holder at United and my mum has been a season ticket holder at City for the past 12 years or something.

I may have been one of those people that have not been "arsed" when something good about United or City has been put on the forum. And that's because I couldn't really care less what they do. I'm more bothered by what my club is doing to be honest. Yes, they both do good things in the community, but so do thousands of other clubs.

However, on the flip side, I do find it amusing to take the piss when one of the biggest names in European football, and a club aspiring to be the biggest name in European football get knocked out at the first hurdle. And the same happened when it was Liverpool not qualifying, Arsenal being wank etc etc. I have no interest in supporting or hating a team that I can only watch from the "magic box", but surely I can still have a laugh at their expense?

In a nutshell, stop getting so uptight about it, it's a couple of jokes. From the way you go on anyone would think you were a United fan. And there was me thinking you were a Bolton fan anyway...

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »

och jings that's funny ma bawb.

bye bye city, bye bye utd.

"Thursday Night....Channel 5.......Thursday Night..........Channel 5".

And all United & City weekend matches will be on Sundays

That should boost takings in the Noel White Suite and keep Jenny busy

Is there any chance of playing the Radio Robins commentary in the bar for away games
for those who can't go away ?

Yes....that can easily be done if there was enough demand.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2011, 04:49:14 PM »

och jings that's funny ma bawb.

bye bye city, bye bye utd.

"Thursday Night....Channel 5.......Thursday Night..........Channel 5".

And all United & City weekend matches will be on Sundays

That should boost takings in the Noel White Suite and keep Jenny busy

Is there any chance of playing the Radio Robins commentary in the bar for away games
for those who can't go away ?

Yes....that can easily be done if there was enough demand.

There should be, especially on those Saturdays when there are 2 good Premiership games on as well

Butty

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »

Personally I don't really mind United or City at all. My dad used to be a season ticket holder at United and my mum has been a season ticket holder at City for the past 12 years or something.

I may have been one of those people that have not been "arsed" when something good about United or City has been put on the forum. And that's because I couldn't really care less what they do. I'm more bothered by what my club is doing to be honest. Yes, they both do good things in the community, but so do thousands of other clubs.

However, on the flip side, I do find it amusing to take the piss when one of the biggest names in European football, and a club aspiring to be the biggest name in European football get knocked out at the first hurdle. And the same happened when it was Liverpool not qualifying, Arsenal being wank etc etc. I have no interest in supporting or hating a team that I can only watch from the "magic box", but surely I can still have a laugh at their expense?

In a nutshell, stop getting so uptight about it, it's a couple of jokes. From the way you go on anyone would think you were a United fan. And there was me thinking you were a Bolton fan anyway...

Never said anything like that- would you like it if other clubs ridiculed us at our attempt to be the best Non League team in the North West?
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Schadenfreude