PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Watch out for a fixture change ...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Watch out for a fixture change ...  (Read 5239 times)

Altrinchman

Re: Watch out for a fixture change ...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »

I do feel really sorry for those people who will lose out financially as a result of this.
On the plus side we should at least take more there with it being on a Saturday. I couldn't have made it in midweek but I now have a good chance.
I would suggest that those of you ,who planned to go to the re-arranged match and spent money up front, write to the chairman with evidence of your expenditure and ask for a refund. There won't be too many of you and I think it is the least the club can do considering the way this season has gone already.

Are you being serious?

Fixtures change and get rearranged all time.Bath may have asked for this and it would be good for our lads to not have to get time off etc.Why would the chairman do that? Is is tough on those that have lost money but it is unfortunate. I bet you think we should have said no as two people have made travel arrangements.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 08:22:31 PM »

It is unfortunate that this has happened and I do sympathise with those who have lost money, but surely the club is not at fault, rather the schedulers who made this a mid-week game in the first place
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
Re: Get ready for a fixture change
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 09:49:53 PM »

And a rarity in that it's two genuine part time teams. My favourite Bath away fixture was Kingy's first game back in 1994. Brought in Darren Heesom and Andy Green and off we went. I'd give anything for an Andy Green up front now. Not Heesom tho thanks 

Ah Andy Green,my first Alty hero.The man was a complete nutter,but he knew where the back of the net was.

Will be my first visit to Bath, so glad it's been moved to a Saturday (and with few holidays left at work,nice to save a couple of days)
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:58 PM »

He gets the ball he scores the goal andy andy green
ParkINson's red and white army

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 06:32:09 AM »

Unable to make Bath as am working that Saturday untill 1400
Harold

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 10:02:19 AM »

Fantastic, absolutely bloody fantastic. I only get to see a couple of games a season now due to finances and time living abroad and there's no way I can get the money back from flights. On top of that there's time off that won't be recouped.

Thank you oh great fixture god and the rearranged date is my birthday......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GUTTED.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 12:27:56 PM »

Fantastic, absolutely bloody fantastic. I only get to see a couple of games a season now due to finances and time living abroad and there's no way I can get the money back from flights. On top of that there's time off that won't be recouped.

Thank you oh great fixture god and the rearranged date is my birthday......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GUTTED.
You never know it might be rained off and revert back to the original date
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 11:50:06 PM »

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.....

Delicate negotiations with her indoors and others have resulted in birthday cash being put forward to enable me to book flights for re-arranged fixture....GAME ON

Just watch it get cancelled due to bad weather now......(I have history)
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 07:14:28 AM »

I think that a Saturday fixture will attract a few more Alty fans than on a Tuesday night especially its a game where for the second Saturday running we really need an away win.
The difference its made to me is the train fare now being £53 where as on the Tuesday it was £16.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Watch out for a fixture change ...