PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 19672 times)

GB Alty

Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »

I've observed before that our expectations of regular National League football are overly optimistic.

tell that to Dover, Braintree and FGR, why can we not have similar expectations?

GB Alty

« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2016, 07:42:37 PM »

Maybe we can get back to trying to punch above our weight by 2019.

hang on, your saying we're punching above our weight in the conference north?

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2016, 08:26:13 PM »

As Mike rightly points out, fan base size generates income....hence one would expect the Halifaxes and Darlingtons of this world to have a higher income stream and more financial clout than the Stalybridges and (unfortunately) Altrinchams.

I've observed before that our expectations of regular National League football are overly optimistic. And whilst the current mess in which we find ourselves is unacceptable on any number of levels, we will do well to avoid the drop this year.

All the whingeing and complaining won't help a jot....unless we know of somebody who wants to throw obscent amounts of moolah at us we'd better all grit our teeth and accept the situation. And trust in the board, because they're all we've got.

'Accept the situation'? We are 21st in the Conference North! This time last year we were about to beat Barnsley in the Fa Cup having beaten Cheltenham, Grimsby and Tranmere in league matches. This club shouldn't accept being in a relegation battle in this league it should be highlighted as what it is. A complete shambles that needs sorting by any means possible, not accepting.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2016, 09:10:13 PM »

As Mike rightly points out, fan base size generates income....hence one would expect the Halifaxes and Darlingtons of this world to have a higher income stream and more financial clout than the Stalybridges and (unfortunately) Altrinchams.

I've observed before that our expectations of regular National League football are overly optimistic. And whilst the current mess in which we find ourselves is unacceptable on any number of levels, we will do well to avoid the drop this year.

All the whingeing and complaining won't help a jot....unless we know of somebody who wants to throw obscent amounts of moolah at us we'd better all grit our teeth and accept the situation. And trust in the board, because they're all we've got.

Is that a serious comment? Really? Trust in the same board that has got us in this mess and the same board that goes to the national press slagging off it's loyal supporters??!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2016, 10:00:38 PM »

hang on, your saying we're punching above our weight in the conference north?
No...I'm saying we aim for National by 2019.

taxi Phil

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2016, 10:02:11 PM »

I've observed before that our expectations of regular National League football are overly optimistic.

tell that to Dover, Braintree and FGR, why can we not have similar expectations?
Forest Green are bankrolled. Braintree had one lucky season. Dover will be down in South by the time we get back up.

taxi Phil

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2016, 10:03:38 PM »

Is that a serious comment? Really? Trust in the same board that has got us in this mess and the same board that goes to the national press slagging off it's loyal supporters??!!

See the words "all we've got" please. Unless you can magic up a whole new board ?

taxi Phil

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2016, 10:08:19 PM »

'Accept the situation'? We are 21st in the Conference North! This time last year we were about to beat Barnsley in the Fa Cup having beaten Cheltenham, Grimsby and Tranmere in league matches. This club shouldn't accept being in a relegation battle in this league it should be highlighted as what it is. A complete shambles that needs sorting by any means possible, not accepting.

Accept that this is the situation NOW !! We don't have to like it....but we have to do what we can to improve it ASAP. Moaning about where we are won't help. Get a shovel and shift some sh*t if you can.....or find people equipped to do so.

WE WILL SURVIVE AND COME BACK STRONGER. And if you don't have that belief we might as well lock the ground up and watch Sky.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2016, 10:38:39 PM »

but those clubs don't have the golden egg of a community centre generating funds for them? I thought the community centre was a about legacy? The only legacy I see is that funds have been diverted from football to community and now the clubs on its arse

You dont half write some constant drivel on here Jamie - this delusional train of thought that somewhere the football club is putting money into the CSH - just where on earth does this come from.

GB Alty

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2016, 10:40:20 PM »

Romeo, many of us don't have that belief anymore. I don't

I won't accept the current situation and never will. The fact that some do doesn't help the situation, or maybe you agree with everything this cretin of a chairman has said or done these last few months?

We all need to look a long look at ourselves in the mirror and ask what do I stand for, what will I accept and for long can I appease

GB Alty

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2016, 10:48:51 PM »

but those clubs don't have the golden egg of a community centre generating funds for them? I thought the community centre was a about legacy? The only legacy I see is that funds have been diverted from football to community and now the clubs on its arse

You dont half write some constant drivel on here Jamie - this delusional train of thought that somewhere the football club is putting money into the CSH - just where on earth does this come from.
well all fundraising has been diverted to the community club. When was the last time the football club had a fundraiser?

I thought the idea was that the community club was supposed to be generating funds to go into the football club? If not what's the point in it?

So how much money has it put in to football club to date? The playing budget seems to get smaller each year since it opened
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 11:04:48 PM by Barbara Pig »

Bath Alty

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2016, 12:38:36 AM »

FFS can we stop blaming all sorts of complete nonsense for the current mess please. 

The budget has not been reduced by the CSH, it has been poorly spent by NY.

We did not loose 5-0 at Gloucester because the chairman spoke to a journalist - it was because our players are sh*te and that is because we made a mistake in appointing NY

We are not in this mess because the board did not sack NY, by the time we (the majority of fans) realised he was a clueless buffoon with no idea what he was doing he had already released Havern, Deasey, etc, failed to keep Leather and signed a load of rubbish some of which didn't even make it through pre-season before disappearing.

The absolute mess we find ourselves in is 95% down to appointing NY, which did not seem a mad decision at the time, and the complete failure of NY in the transfer market.  This is no longer an issue and so we now need to pull together and be patient while JH tries to fix it for us.

All this taking pot shots at everything else in the club, hoping that somehow changing the board / press releases / colour of paint in the bogs / will miraculously make our team any good is utterly pointless at best and destabilising and insulting to fans, players and volunteers at the club at worst.

Everyone knows what state we are in so either come up with something constructive to help or shut the **** up!

Rant over

ripleym

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2016, 06:28:14 AM »

Spot-on, Bath Alty.

brinners

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2016, 06:47:28 AM »

Here we go again. It appears Tolson and Young appointed themselves!
To be honest, I'm not all for having a go at the chairman, it would however be nice to hear him contrite every now and again and it would be even nicer to have some more up-to-date information re. the injury/contract situations (especially now).

roytonmike

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2016, 06:58:21 AM »

Well said, Bath Alty; spot on, Romeo 48. Nice to read some people actually talking sense on here - a pleasant change from the normal state of affairs!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread