PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Gloucester Match Thread  (Read 19673 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Gloucester Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 12:52:21 AM »

I can't even bring myself to watch the goals. I've seen lean times at this club before, and God knows some awful players have worn the shirt since I first hit Moss Lane in 1956, but I actually feel more depressed now than at any time in the last 60 years. We have players out there who would struggle to hold down a place in a decent Sunday League team. Confidence is non-existent, but then there's practically zero squad mentality in the rag bag of players that we have at present,  fitness seems a major issue, and they probably crap themselvessel half an hour before we kick off each time. A goals conceded figure of practically three goals per game tells its own story.

Jim Harvey is a proven firefighter but right now we need Red Adair. If Jim doesn't sort out this mess it certainly won't be for lack of trying,  but it's an unenviable task.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »

Im off to watch my 7 yr old grandson play shortly.
I can guarantee that their commitment and effort will be greater than that of some of the current crop of players we have at Alty.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2016, 09:55:46 AM »

Oh dear me.

You can't give players a heart .

Desperately need Cyrus and Hannigan back.

Going to be a long and horrible season.

Full time and proud of it

Daveangel

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 10:31:02 AM »

Strange old league this season. When we came up it seemed odd travelling to the likes of your place and Chester etc. It felt like we'd drawn a big club in the FA Cup. Genuinely feel like we can beat anyone now, but yesterday was one of those days when everything just clicked. What seemed so peculiar was your total lack of urgency. When the third went in, it just seemed like the majority just gave up.

JH knows his stuff, and I'm sure he'll turn it around.

See you in January!

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »

Oh dear me.

You can't give players a heart .

Desperately need Cyrus and Hannigan back.

Going to be a long and horrible season.

a bit like last season 😐😐😐
ParkINson's red and white army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2016, 11:50:24 AM »

Latest season was going quite well up to the Colchester loss

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »

I can take struggling in NL because its virtually a full time league with some very god teams.

This league is a million miles below.
Full time and proud of it

TheGolfRoadView

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2016, 06:16:42 PM »

With the clubs that are in the NLN this season, it certainly isnt a million miles worse than the NL.  Its probably the strongest its been since its formation in 2005.

GB Alty

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »

With the clubs that are in the NLN this season, it certainly isnt a million miles worse than the NL.  Its probably the strongest its been since its formation in 2005.
no its not the quality is sh*t, worse than 2005 and many times worse than 2014

roytonmike

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2016, 06:45:54 PM »

The following clubs in the Bananarama North appear either (a) to have a larger fan base than ourselves, therefore generating more match-day income; (b) to be bankrolled; or (c) both of these.
AFC Fykle; Salford City; Harrogate Town; Kidderminster; Darlington; FC Halifax Town; Stockport County; AFC Telford United; FCUM. Chorley & Boston United might also qualify. It is therefore hardly surprising that a 'top half' position in this league would be quite a reasonable achievement. Given our present position, of course, any position starting with a 1 will be entirely acceptable come next April. To suggest that this is a weak league seems to me at the very least dubious on financial grounds alone - and at least one of the sides I've seen this season would have beaten a large number of last season's National division clubs.

GB Alty

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2016, 07:02:07 PM »

The following clubs in the Bananarama North appear either (a) to have a larger fan base than ourselves, therefore generating more match-day income; (b) to be bankrolled; or (c) both of these.
AFC Fykle; Salford City; Harrogate Town; Kidderminster; Darlington; FC Halifax Town; Stockport County; AFC Telford United; FCUM. Chorley & Boston United might also qualify. It is therefore hardly surprising that a 'top half' position in this league would be quite a reasonable achievement. Given our present position, of course, any position starting with a 1 will be entirely acceptable come next April. To suggest that this is a weak league seems to me at the very least dubious on financial grounds alone - and at least one of the sides I've seen this season would have beaten a large number of last season's National division clubs.
since when has fan base equalled quality in this league? Were Stockport or Halifax or Darlington good teams?

Incidentally we have a top six budget as well

Please continue to make excuses for failure but it belies your experience as a long standing and knowledgable supporter

brinners

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »

How sure are we that Telford, Boston and even Stockport enjoy more substantial budgets than us?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2016, 07:10:58 PM »

Haven't heard anyone say we have a top six budget , top eight has been mentioned but that was speculation.

taxi Phil

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »

As Mike rightly points out, fan base size generates income....hence one would expect the Halifaxes and Darlingtons of this world to have a higher income stream and more financial clout than the Stalybridges and (unfortunately) Altrinchams.

I've observed before that our expectations of regular National League football are overly optimistic. And whilst the current mess in which we find ourselves is unacceptable on any number of levels, we will do well to avoid the drop this year.

Maybe we can get back to trying to punch above our weight by 2019.

All the whingeing and complaining won't help a jot....unless we know of somebody who wants to throw obscent amounts of moolah at us we'd better all grit our teeth and accept the situation. And trust in the board, because they're all we've got.

GB Alty

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2016, 07:35:38 PM »

As Mike rightly points out, fan base size generates income....hence one would expect the Halifaxes and Darlingtons of this world to have a higher income stream and more financial clout than the Stalybridges and (unfortunately) Altrinchams.
but those clubs don't have the golden egg of a community centre generating funds for them? I thought the community centre was a about legacy? The only legacy I see is that funds have been diverted from football to community and now the clubs on its arse
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gloucester Match Thread